Debt Free By 2019?

Comments

• I was about to start this post saying about only 11 days til payday and now I'm sat here pondering if my pay date will actually change because of Easter Weekend. I get paid on the last day of every month which falls on Saturday 31st this month. However I can't work out if there's a chance I may get paid on the 29th or if because the Saturday isn't a bank holiday (just surrounded by them) then I'll still get paid on the same day? It doesn't really make any difference to me at all, just got my mind wondering now :rotfl:

As I think I previously mentioned my budget has gone to ruins this month but fortunately between TCB cashback, PA cashout and eBay sales, I think I can just scrape the last £50 I need for a 2 hour driving lesson next week. I stupidly spent the cash as it was a cancelled lesson but we rescheduled it for next week instead - so I've just about managed to pull that together.

This months budget was blown before I sat down and worked out how quickly I could be debt free if I kept to an allowance for the next 6 months - now I literally don't want to spend anything. I'm leaving my purse at home when I come to work, knowing I have food here, and not even carrying them in case I get tempted into some lunch time online "window shopping" that becomes actual shopping :o

I do need to bring a card to work tomorrow as I need to pay for the hygienist before I go, and had promised yesterday I would call today and do it before remembering I wasn't going to be going home last night, so still don't have a card on me.

The driving lesson went well, it's one of the ones that makes me feel kind of okay about my test, I occasionally have a lesson that doesn't go as smoothly and then I get a bit depressed and think I'm never going to pass. Luckily they are rare occurrences :)

Also - apparently today is the International Day of Happiness. So happy International Day of Happiness guys and girls :dance::dance:
    Just trying to make up for past mistakes and work towards the future I want :hello:
  • Slow day today - feeling quite tired and ending up having a very quick nap on my lunch hour today. Ever since I started eating sandwiches at work I find that I actually feel like I have too much time on my hands and feel sleepy just sat there, so tomorrow I shall be bringing some comfy workout gear and doing a BodyCoach workout or something similar before I eat to a) make the most of my time, b) keep me awake and c) actually do some exercise. Meeting OH's parents in April so whilst I know realistically nothing is going to happen in 2 weeks, I will feel better about myself if I have at least tried a little :rotfl:

I imagine when I get home I should have stuff to sign and send back for my Tesco Saver account, never had to do that before but they did email to say I would need to sign some things to get my account up and running properly. I also need to make sure I put my card in my purse for tomorrow so I can call up the dentist and pay for the hygienist visit.

I think today or tomorrow will be the day I have my pamper bath. I try to do this at least once a week, have a nice bubble bath and whilst soaking use a face mask and hair mask and just lay there while they do their stuff ;)

I will, without a doubt, have an early night tonight. I do love my OH and staying at his, but it does mean a late night as he is a bit of a night owl, and I have to get up at 5.45 to be showered and out of the door by 7 for the drive down whereas at home I can get up around 6.30, wash my hair etc, and leave at 7.25 to walk into work. Doesn't seem like much difference in time but I can definitely feel it in the mornings :rotfl:
    Just trying to make up for past mistakes and work towards the future I want :hello:
  • Does anyone else have days where they wake up in a wonderful mood and then it seems like the world is determined to crush it? :mad:

I literally woke up in a smiling-at-the-sunshine kind of mood, said hi to a few dog walkers on the way into work, generally very smiley.

I checked my bank to see if my TCB pennies had gone in, and they had, but my payment due to eBay which PP said would be taken next week some point has come out too, so having to do more rejigging for my DL money than I would have liked.

Then OH turns round this morning and tells me he's got his weeks mixed up and shouldn't have agreed to see me Thursday as he should be having his kids. That much is fine, have no objection obviously to him seeing his kids, it's the fact he can't keep track properly that annoys me. I even said to him earlier in the week it was weird that it was two Thursdays in a row that he wasn't seeing them at it didn't click in his brain! So I have to shuffle my week around a little which is okay, but he's got the cheek to try and blame me a little for the fact he forgot! We were having a conversation about if he wanted to go and spend some time with one of his old friends as his nights off from work are either me or kids, we got into a discussion about when I would see him if he made plans, it got a bit bickery, and apparently that's why he forgot. OH and his ex aren't great at planning a routine anyway which makes me want to bang their heads together. She works mon-fri for the most part and he works 5 full days including 3/4 evenings but has his rota about 3 weeks in advance so should be a lot simpler, but they don't always get on, which means I'm yet to meet his kids about 9 months in, which means it can be tricky if she wants to do something with her BF on one of the few days I would be able to see my OH due to his hours and, for example, my driving lessons.

It will all calm down eventually, and I do get it that the kids come first absolutely, I've just been telling myself it will calm down eventually for ages and it doesn't seem to! Despite her bf having met the kids a few times, she's still adamant I can't meet them, despite the fact it would make everything so much more flexible and we wouldn't be in the whole rut of "well I have to see you these days as I have to have the kids those days" and she would be free to do more things on more evenings with her bf. I'd kind of accepted that I will one day move in with him around the year mark, and then I will have to meet them as it will be my home too, but lately there's talk of well I don't want to force her hand etc, so would potentially delay us moving in together.

That's a lot of ranting, I just needed it today, he works with a few of my family so it's not like I can rant to them without putting them in an awkward position. They are apparently going to sit down on Saturday and plan the next 3 weeks for when he will have the kids, we shall see how that goes as last time they sat in a room and tried to plan it, they ended up rowing and got nowhere. Although, since then, he has them at the weekend on his day off every week so she can go out and do things. It does mean we never really see each other on a day where I don't have to wake up at 5.45 the next morning, but he's sure that if he keeps her happy for the most part she will come around to me meeting the kids. Who knows :o

That wasn't a very DFW post at all...

I have eBay parcels to post today and a few old £1 coins to pay into my bank account, that's all really moneywise.
  • And now I'm getting moaned at because he tried to get cover for tonight that fell through, but the person *may* cover his Friday night. I told him that I love him but I need a bit more stability. Not all these maybes. He's then basically had a go and said I can't moan about it "maybe" being extra time cos extra time is just that - extra. He sees it as extra, I don't as we had plans regardless of whether he should have made them. I do feel I get belittled sometimes when I try and talk about how I feel about situations, could cry right now
  • Ok.. composure regained... and breaaaatheee.... :whistle:

I do honestly think I could benefit sometimes from seeing someone to help me work out how to deal with things. I have very low self esteem which puts me in a dark headspace sometimes and often ends in arguing with someone or another, which then does not help. I don't deal with unexpected stress very well either, and tend to lash out or make comments/digs when things would be much smoother. I kind of get in the mindset of "well this person has p****d me off so why shouldn't they know about it" which never helps a situation. All advice welcome here
    I've tried to work on my self esteem before, I struggle to get the motivation to try though.

eBay parcels are all packaged and ready to go on my lunch hour. I will make 2 stops and 2 stops only - bank to pay in my £3 in old pound coins (I'm gonna look like such a loser :/ ) and to the PO to send the parcels off. I should have done it already this week, I do give myself a couple of days leeway with when I will post things when I advertise them but I think I've gone over that. It's because I unexpectedly stayed with OH on Sunday night, so from Sunday to last night I wasn't home. I get annoyed at myself then too, that I forget to do things in a bid to get some extra time with him. Maybe that's why I get annoyed so much when things fall through.

I am glad I remembered most of what I needed to bring to work today though. My card to pay for the hygienist (must call today but I have a nagging feeling they're on lunch 1-2 not sure if this counts the receptionists though) the old £1 coins, my parcels, and the ham and corned beef I bought to have for work all of this week but (again) forgot in a dash to see OH on Sunday. The only thing I forgot was some jeans as I had planned to collect my bike from my aunts and can't cycle home in a skirt, but as I'm now freed up tomorrow night, I'll do it then instead.

I'm looking forward to getting out and seeing some sunshine whilst I run my errands today, I then plan to listen to some very loud cheery music whilst I eat my lunch to try and get my mood back upto where it was this morning!

I can see myself googling tips for handling stress and improving self confidence for the rest of the day :o
  • Hey oneday just found your diary and had a nose through it. with regards to seeing the OH kids obviously i cant comment on your situation but i do sympathise me and my wife met as single parents i had a little boy and so did she. my ex still sees mine but hers is off the raidar and always has been. The ex is a nightmare she spent months refusing to meet my wife as we both agreed we would meet any new partners before the little one was introduced to them but we got there in the end and so will you. with regards to the low self esteem i dont usually bother with self help books but i would massively recommend one called The subtle art of not giving a f**k by Mark Manson
    Car[STRIKE]£6950[/STRIKE]/£4720.68 Lowell [STRIKE]£796.77[/STRIKE]/£30.00 Barclaycard[STRIKE] £3537.48[/STRIKE]/£2360 Virgin (MBNA) [STRIKE]£2224.94[/STRIKE]/£1000.00
    Sainsbury's (Westcot) [STRIKE]£1652.52/[/STRIKE]£125
    total debt [STRIKE]£19286.89[/STRIKE]/£8235.68
  • It's so frustrating she can be awful at times. On his birthday she had told him he wasn't allowed to see the kids as he had asked to swing by and pick something up for his other daughter before we drove down to his family (which would mean me being anywhere near her house even though I would be sat away in a car) but then let the kids call him and ask why he didn't want to see them - it's messed up. More so because her bf doesn't really want to know with the kids whereas I do, so the new partner that doesn't want to be involved gets the chances and the one who does want to be involved does not. I'm ranting again but it's frustrating and upsetting. Sorry!
    *googles said book*
  • OH has been deliberately winding me up.
    His ex said this morning not to worry about tomorrow as he had made plans so she would have them, and they will plan the next 3 weeks at the weekend.
    He's spent all day making me think we weren't seeing each-other tomorrow and messing with my head.
    I'm going to lose my **** in a minute

On the plus side, got rid of my old £1 coins, and changed my card PIN to match the rest as I can't remember what card has what number

Hygienist is all paid for

I think I'm going to have some wine...!!
  • Well today is a new day and I am feeling positive once again! :j

Very lucky with surveys on PA yesterday had the most I have had in a long time, and I know one of the studies pending to pay will have a bonus on top of it too, so just waiting patiently for those.

We should hopefully be looking at a house for OH today if the landlord gets in touch, so fingers crossed with that. He's currently in a 1 bed flat with electric only, so when his kids come over he sleeps on the floor in the lounge and his electric bill is enormous so wants somewhere with enough rooms for everyone and dual fuel to hopefully spend less every month! The rent is only £105 more for another 2 rooms with a shorter commute to work and cheaper energy bills hopefully. The deposit is only one months rent too as it's done pretty much direct with the landlord, so he'll be better off once he receives the higher deposit from his current place back too.

I'm a little tempted to venture into town on my break today as I saw £land were selling my favourite moisturiser for £1 a bottle (normally around £5) so may pop and get one or two and save money in the long run. It smells like mango its lush! ;)

Today will mostly be spent working on my distance learning HR module which I have neglected, it's something I often do. I begin a distance learning course and then stop partway through, I dread to think how much I have spent on qualifications I've never actually got! AAT was my course I wanted to do at one point, but it's hard to be motivated home learning at times!

I need to sit down also and work out exactly when my 10hr block booking for my lessons comes to an end, and exactly how much I will need to tide me over til payday. I am contemplating as he gets paid on the 28th for £225 which I will repay him 2 days later to block book once again, as it will save me £50 but will see how it goes, I don't like asking for money favours :o
  • Well I did it, I did the entire module and sent it off :dance:

My brain is a bit fried now though :rotfl::rotfl:

Spendy day today, only ended up spending £1 in £land as they did not have the scented one I like but they did have an Aloe Vera one so will be trying that. Plus will spend around £7 on the train this evening.

OH has agreed to transfer the money next week for my block booking saving me the £50 I hadn't quite scrounged together yet, which is good as it means the money I have scraped together will be for my dentist appt that won't have to go on the CC now :T

Enjoy your evening everyone! :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure