Our attempt at being MF!!

Comments

• CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,115 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 29 March 2015 at 5:25PM
    So DH didn't get rejected from PC but it got to a screen with a username and nothing else?

Bit of a spendy day, I used DH car and the petrol light came on so £15 spent topping it up. Have asked DH to keep an eye on how many miles he is getting as it seems to run down fast and he only does short trips. The children also achieved swimming certificates and badges so that cost me £10.50. Worth it to see their beaming pride smiles :)

DH currently cooking a fab Sunday lunch, will need to meal plan for the week later to avoid waste. I will ignore the cheesecake in the fridge and have a fruit salad with fat free yoghurt!
    Apr 2024 - part 1 - £30,337 part 2 - £24,811 Total - £55,148 43 months to go!
  • CathT
    What a difference the clock change has made, it was light until quite late this evening. Makes me think of summer evenings in the garden.:)

Planning a busy but lovely day with the children tomorrow. I think we will make the most of the morning forecast and go to the zoo for a couple of hours followed by visiting a friend in the afternoon. Plan is that the children will play and we will catch up over coffee? We shall see!

I also need to ring the bank as not received new cards which expire this month and sort out some childcare for DD second week of the hols. I seem to have sorted DS out but not DD :eek:

Also need to make a list ready to get packed for our weekend away. We always 'overpack' and blame it on unpredictable weather! Need to be very strict with ourselves. Was chatting with DH and he remembers there being a supermarket near the zoo. We are travelling down Friday, going to the zoo then travelling onto our destination an hour away. Plan is to use second @ldi voucher for cupboards goods (and wine) to take down and then call at Mr S for fresh items. We have decided to mostly eat in caravan as meals out are not relaxing at all. Plan to get cooked breakfast type food and food for evening meal. Money not spent on meals can be used for ice-creams and activities.

Need to think of something to do on last day too as will have to check out early and don't fancy just heading home after travelling all that distance. We still have national trust so could put that to good use.

Will get dd to help out with making lists and plans tomorrow :)
  • sweetdaisy
    sweetdaisy Posts: 1,249 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    CathT wrote: »
    Also need to make a list ready to get packed for our weekend away. We always 'overpack' and blame it on unpredictable weather! Need to be very strict with ourselves. Was chatting with DH and he remembers there being a supermarket near the zoo. We are travelling down Friday, going to the zoo then travelling onto our destination an hour away. Plan is to use second @ldi voucher for cupboards goods (and wine) to take down and then call at Mr S for fresh items. We have decided to mostly eat in caravan as meals out are not relaxing at all. Plan to get cooked breakfast type food and food for evening meal. Money not spent on meals can be used for ice-creams and activities.

I always overpack too, just can't help it and I like to think that I am prepared for any eventuality :o. I did an Aldi shop yesterday using my £5 off voucher and packed a lot of food to take away with us next week. Like you we will mostly eat in the caravan as sometimes eating out can be stressful with the children and quite often by the time I get to eating the food it is usually cold.
  • CathT
    sweetdaisy wrote: »
    I always overpack too, just can't help it and I like to think that I am prepared for any eventuality :o. I did an Aldi shop yesterday using my £5 off voucher and packed a lot of food to take away with us next week. Like you we will mostly eat in the caravan as sometimes eating out can be stressful with the children and quite often by the time I get to eating the food it is usually cold.

We end up being prepared for snow and sun! I will try not to pack the Welles!

We have started buying 2 papers and using one voucher the first Thursday and the second one the end of the offer. Used to be a weds but now valid until the Thursday. :)

Early start this morningso washing already on. Off to check current account as think there might be some money lurking in there!
  • CathT
    Excellent timing. Just received some Mr T vouchers through the post £10 off a £30 spend. I have 4 weeks worth! Challenge to see if I can feed us all for our weekend away on £20!

Had a quick google and there is a Mr T 1.5 miles from where we are staying.

Have washing on the line but it is looking really dull here. Children don't want to go to zoo and are playing some wild imaginative game with the cushions off my sofa. I might go in the playroom for some peace! :D
  • CathT
    edited 30 March 2015 at 9:08PM
    Well today was surprisingly productive. Made list of clothes for mini-break, washing line dried, mowed front and back lawns (that was a huge effort as the grass was so long amd our lawn mower not fantastic). DS sat on a camping chair watching me but at least it means I can get more jobs done now he is bigger. Then had a lovely catch up with a friend while the children played.

Also sold a few garden toys so that was another £9 added to the car boot sale pot. Garden looking much less cluttered now. :)

Today was also a NSD and I resisted putting the heating on despite it getting a bit nippy. We watched a film under blankets instead, best thing about me having some days off is extra quality family time once DH gets home :):)
  • newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,928 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Sounds like a great day, I'm planning on watching some films with my lot this week at some point (or probably just dd if she chooses the film!) I hope the weather is kind to you when you are away :)
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, month 17 completed and and extra 2 knocked off 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • CathT
    Thanks Newgirly, they don't usually sit down for that long so watching a family film without them losing interest was a first! My two are constantly on the go so it was a rare treat. Hope you are having lots of quality time with your older ones.

Not much happening financially. Am expecting £100 in TCB to become
    Payable soon so checking that a lot! 40p Tilly tidy made yesterday and went overdrawn today! My professional subscription went out so shuffled some money until DH gets paid tomorrow. It's his last wage before moving onto fortnightly pay and we go away this weekend so not the best timing. DH has already done 8 hours overtime this week which is good in monetary terms as he gets time and a half. He however is exhausted.

DH doing @ldi shop later armed with a simple list and the voucher. We ended up just eating leftovers this week than needing to officially meal plan. It's amazing how far we make meals go amd certainly worth the weekend batch cooking session. We actually only used a large pack of mince and a chicken!

Still a bit to do before we go away and I am working today and tomorrow! We plan to leave first thing Friday to beat traffic so could be a bit hectic! Am so looking forward to quality family time though.
  • CathT
    Stalking ones own TCB account pays off in the end. £84 became payable part way through the day. :D Requested so should be in account sometime next week, bank holiday will delay it but that gives me longer to work out where to send it :)

DH did an excellent food shop, was under the £40 voucher so had to run back for more wine! :beer: what a shame!

Clothes mostly organised for mini break. Decided to take £100 cash, no meals out but should cover ice creams, snacks, games and activities. We have bought plenty of food to take with us and will do a shop of fresh items when we get there.

One more working day to go :j
  • CathT
    DH has been paid and has a little overtime in there :). However, this overtime will be spent rather than directed to cc for the first time.

Almost packed ready to go tomoro. Need to have an interesting meal for lunch to use what is left in the fridge. Hoping for a not too stressful day in work to ease me into holiday mode. :D

57p Tilly tidy made this morning :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback