Haggling

Hi guys
What happens when haggling with sky for a better price they call your bluff and say you can leave when I have no other option to go to.?

Comments

• spadoosh
    spadoosh Posts: 8,732 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    You lose that haggle.

Edit: my dad does this every year with sky. Its a great source of amusement as he vents his spleen down the phone only to go back groveling when the cricket starts again.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    But everybody has options, Freeview & Freesat for starters.
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,506 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    If you are talking about Sky TV package ,then cancel. Its not the end of the world to lose the subscription channels for a few weeks (you will still have access to Freesat from Sky channels). Almost everyone gets some of form of offer once out of subscription.
    One thing I have learnt from 5 or 6 years of haggling with Sky is remain polite!!
  • aroominyork
    aroominyork Posts: 2,821 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    We cancelled Sky a couple of years ago and spent most of the next six months opening envelopes and taking calls from them offering us discounts to come back, which ended up 50% off for a year (maybe longer) if I remember right.
  • almillar
    almillar Posts: 8,621 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    If you actually want to stay, just say 'OK, I'll have to check with my wife/boyfriend/pet goldfish and get back to you' and end the call, and then you can try again with a different person on a different day.
  • emerald21
    emerald21 Posts: 11,349 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Do you have the phone number for cancelling please
  • I have always haggled with Sky when my existing contract is up for renewal or when they raise the price. I plead poverty and say I have to cancel. They always come back with a money saving offer.
  • wild666
    wild666 Posts: 2,117 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    What bugs me with SKY is if you want just movies or sports you have to have a package you don't want that's why I will never have SKY they rip you off having channels you don't want to watch and have no interest in.
    Someone please tell me what money is
  • onashoestring
    onashoestring Posts: 1,631 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I have never paid full price for Sky but I’ve had to cancel every time to get a reasonable deal.

First cancel (Don’t panic, you will not loose the service straight away )

Then check "My Sky" to see if they are offering you a discount to come back, ( often there will be an offer immediately, sometimes you may have to wait a week ) if you are happy with the discount they are offering , accept their offer & you won’t have any disruption in service, just money in your pocket.

Please update the forum if you get a good deal :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport