Leeds Building Society Regular Saver (Issue 4)

Comments

• aj23_2
    aj23_2 Posts: 1,155 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Nasqueron wrote: »
    Not quite for everyone, the final monthly saver ends in December this year, last dregs of money saving for me too though, going to close my Halifax one when it ends next week and keep the cash in the Santander 123 for the moment (just have the LBS / Satander saver running) just for Brexit and to get a bit more interest to cover the fee

This thread is about Issue 4. Not a monthly saver. So yes quite!

What's brexit got to do with this?
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,785 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    aj23 wrote: »
    This thread is about Issue 4. Not a monthly saver. So yes quite!

What's brexit got to do with this?

Just that people talking about Leeds BS savers in general as the 4 is only a couple of years, doesn't really seem like an era. Brexit - just the general issue of not having as many savings tied up for the inevitable crash
  • aj23_2
    Nasqueron wrote: »
    Just that people talking about Leeds BS savers in general as the 4 is only a couple of years, doesn't really seem like an era. Brexit - just the general issue of not having as many savings tied up for the inevitable crash

Well given that Issue 4 was the last reg saver to last more than 12 months, and was extended from it's 2 years for another 5 months, some of us have been saving into it since September 2016.

There won't be a crash. But that's another thread.
  • aj23_2
    Has anyone had a letter?
  • aj23 wrote: »
    Has anyone had a letter?

Letters will arrive next week requesting what to do with funds upon maturity.
    However there is no need to wait for it if you you already know what you want. You can give instructions now via secure message which will be immediately actioned come 31/01 as has happened with all previous RS.

The only unknown right now is what the 'new' account rate will be, but, I'd hazzard a guess that it won't be anywhere near a market leading rate.
  • aj23_2
    Letters will arrive next week requesting what to do with funds upon maturity.
    However there is no need to wait for it if you you already know what you want. You can give instructions now via secure message which will be immediately actioned come 31/01 as has happened with all previous RS.

The only unknown right now is what the 'new' account rate will be, but, I'd hazzard a guess that it won't be anywhere near a market leading rate.

I can't send a secure message. I'm happy for it to mature into an easy access for the time being.
  • When I called last week I was advised that letters would be going out at the end of the week and would include details of an exclusive bond (I think an interest rate of 1.75% was mentioned) and possibly also another offer.
  • karlie88
    karlie88 Posts: 9,114 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Leeds BS RS Issue 4 letter received today. Account changes to an access saver paying 0.5%

Other options are:

1. Move balance across to a 1 year fixed rate bond paying 1.75% (only available to those with Issue 4 reg saver).

2. Transfer to another Leeds BS savings account.

3. Close account.

4. Move savings across to another bank/BS.

The letter will have a link for you to submit your maturity instructions up until 31st Jan.

Option 4 for me, there are better 1 year fixed rate accounts out there. Shame that they withdrew their fairly competitive RS.
    :grouphug: :D Official MSE canny forumite and HUKD VIP badge member :D :grouphug:
  • moi
    moi Posts: 977 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    karlie88 wrote: »
    Leeds BS RS Issue 4 letter received today. Account changes to an access saver paying 0.5%...

The letter will have a link for you to submit your maturity instructions up until 31st Jan.

Are they giving a personal URL, or do they just state this general one:
    https://www.leedsbuildingsociety.co.uk/savings/maturity/forms/
    ?
  • karlie88
    karlie88 Posts: 9,114 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    moi wrote: »
    Are they giving a personal URL, or do they just state this general one:
    https://www.leedsbuildingsociety.co.uk/savings/maturity/forms/
    ?

My link has 'jan' in it, presumably January, and 3 numbers.
    :grouphug: :D Official MSE canny forumite and HUKD VIP badge member :D :grouphug:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure