Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Brionyalyce
    • By Brionyalyce 13th Mar 18, 7:18 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Brionyalyce
    Renting bad credit help!
    • 13th Mar 18, 7:18 PM
    Renting bad credit help! 13th Mar 18 at 7:18 PM
    Hello, myself and my partner are looking at rent a house/flat hes had good credit but I do not. I am currently paying off 2 loans so this obviously gives me bad credit. Which makes me worry. Whats the likelyhood of us being able to rent a property through a letting agents? Would it help if I can offer to have a guarantors?

Thank you.
Page 1
    • mije1983
    • By mije1983 13th Mar 18, 7:52 PM
    • 3,193 Posts
    • 19,101 Thanks
    mije1983
    • 13th Mar 18, 7:52 PM
    • 13th Mar 18, 7:52 PM
    Have you checked your credit history (not score) with the various agencies? Just because you have loans does not automatically mean you have poor credit.

• buggy_boy
    • By buggy_boy 13th Mar 18, 8:20 PM
    • 469 Posts
    • 334 Thanks
    buggy_boy
    • 13th Mar 18, 8:20 PM
    • 13th Mar 18, 8:20 PM
    Have you checked your credit history (not score) with the various agencies? Just because you have loans does not automatically mean you have poor credit.
    Originally posted by mije1983

Totally agree with this, but always best to be upfront and honest with letting agents.. If you have someone that has a good credit history and enough extra income that they could afford your rent on top of their living expenses then this will mitigate the risk for a landlord... Obviously its the individual landlords decision but generally my experience is letting agents see a good guarantor as almost less of a risk.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,584Posts Today

6,404Users online

Martin's Twitter