Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • dereklotts
    • By dereklotts 5th Mar 18, 11:26 AM
    • 6Posts
    • 0Thanks
    dereklotts
    Event Planning Business
    • 5th Mar 18, 11:26 AM
    Event Planning Business 5th Mar 18 at 11:26 AM
    Hi,

I'm starting an Event Planning Business and I want to turn my basement into an office. Does anyone have some advice what kind of equipment do I need? I want to be organized as much as I can, so I guess there are some useful gadgets for that. Also, any other advice would be appreciated
Page 1
    • Comms69
    • By Comms69 5th Mar 18, 12:21 PM
    • 2,970 Posts
    • 2,939 Thanks
    Comms69
    • 5th Mar 18, 12:21 PM
    • 5th Mar 18, 12:21 PM
    What kind of events?

- Check if you are allowed to run a business from home?
    - Check if business rates will apply?
    - If you are running a LTD company, register assets correctly.
    - ideally you'd want a work mobile, laptop, reliable internet, in addition printer, stationary etc.
    - will you be inviting client to your home? if so then you'd want some seating, tea coffee etc.
    - consider investing in marketing early (best marketing I've ever seen was defence lawyers (this was USA) sponsoring the wrist bands for the local nightclubs)
    - Ensure that you social media profiles are available, and secure them.
    - It may be worthwhile investing in a marketing person for a 0.5/1 day a week atleast to start with.
    • dereklotts
    • By dereklotts 9th Mar 18, 10:38 AM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    dereklotts
    • 9th Mar 18, 10:38 AM
    • 9th Mar 18, 10:38 AM
    Hi,
    thank you for your reply and suggestions. I was thinking about organizing concerts for the start, weddings are too obvious and I understand there are a lot of people doing that. I have some experience since I was in the bend , so I have tones of contacts, which is good for the start. I have very good internet connection, 86 Mbps, Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon laptop. Printer is excellent idea. I'm in a process of obtaining all that legal stuff, registration, licence...
    • Robin9
    • By Robin9 9th Mar 18, 2:29 PM
    • 2,641 Posts
    • 1,716 Thanks
    Robin9
    • 9th Mar 18, 2:29 PM
    • 9th Mar 18, 2:29 PM
    I see you are in Sydney - I assume Australia.

Did you realise this is a UK site - different rules and regulations may apply downunder.
    Never pay on an estimated bill
    • dereklotts
    • By dereklotts 9th Mar 18, 3:49 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    dereklotts
    • 9th Mar 18, 3:49 PM
    • 9th Mar 18, 3:49 PM
    That is correct, I'm from downunder . Of course the regulations are different, I was just looking for opinion from more experienced people in business, I found your forum via google search and I thought I might get some ideas, tips, anything that would help me
    • Owain Moneysaver
    • By Owain Moneysaver 9th Mar 18, 4:43 PM
    • 8,191 Posts
    • 9,076 Thanks
    Owain Moneysaver
    • 9th Mar 18, 4:43 PM
    • 9th Mar 18, 4:43 PM
    Voice over IP telephony so you aren't using your home/personal phone number, and can increase the number of extensions and teamworking facilities as your business grows.
    A kind word lasts a minute, a skelped erse is sair for a day.
    • dereklotts
    • By dereklotts 9th Mar 18, 5:15 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    dereklotts
    • 9th Mar 18, 5:15 PM
    • 9th Mar 18, 5:15 PM
    Great idea, that didn't occurred to me, thanks.
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 9th Mar 18, 6:27 PM
    • 31,903 Posts
    • 20,091 Thanks
    DCFC79
    • 9th Mar 18, 6:27 PM
    • 9th Mar 18, 6:27 PM
    That is correct, I'm from downunder . Of course the regulations are different, I was just looking for opinion from more experienced people in business, I found your forum via google search and I thought I might get some ideas, tips, anything that would help me
    Originally posted by dereklotts
    Dont just get advice from here, look for australian bssed forums as well.

Do you want to go old school and use pen and paper/diaries or go with a calender function on a phone or tablet ? A tablet could be better as you could make notes and then it would upload to the cloud.
    Last edited by DCFC79; 09-03-2018 at 7:21 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

111Posts Today

1,483Users online

Martin's Twitter