Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Disney01
    • By Disney01 28th Feb 18, 3:23 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Disney01
    Csa and mortgage payments
    • 28th Feb 18, 3:23 PM
    Csa and mortgage payments 28th Feb 18 at 3:23 PM
    Hi after some advice please. Basically I split with husband 18mths ago. I left marital home with our 3 children as could not stay at house. Husband gambler and had police at door for various reasons. I private rent but am currently unemployed as I am my sons carer. I do receive benefits. My question is does my husband have to pay csa. He hasn't paid the mortgage at all since I left not paid a penny for kids. He has kids every other weekend and I do picking and dropping off costing me in tunnel fares. I don't pay half mortgage as I am providing a roof over my kids head in rent and providing all their needs. The house he is at will likely be repossessed as he has failed to meet suspended possession order. I just don't know where this will leave me ie does he have to pay csa and am I liable for mortgage. Sorry for long post. Thank you
Page 1
    • marliepanda
    • By marliepanda 28th Feb 18, 4:26 PM
    • 5,921 Posts
    • 12,580 Thanks
    marliepanda
    • 28th Feb 18, 4:26 PM
    • 28th Feb 18, 4:26 PM
    Yes he is liable to pay your CSA and yes you are liable for the mortgage payment (if joint mortgage you are jointly liable for the full mortgage payment, the mortgage company could pursue you or him for it)
    • BAFE
    • By BAFE 1st Mar 18, 6:44 PM
    • 104 Posts
    • 151 Thanks
    BAFE
    • 1st Mar 18, 6:44 PM
    • 1st Mar 18, 6:44 PM
    As a pp said - yes he has to pay you 25% of his net salary as a minimum in accordance with CSA calculations and yes you are jointly liable for the mortgage payments.

Also, I wouldn't be facilitating the visits for him to see the children. Let him come to you to pick them up.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,242Posts Today

7,137Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ah these care free days of watching #ENG score 5 goals in the first half of a World Cup match. It reminds me of... Never.

• Then it should be. It's not some accident. It's deliberate grappling https://t.co/UxVTuUSNio

• Penalty yes but time someone was sent off for these wrestling moves #WorldCup

• Follow Martin