Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • courtchamp
    • By courtchamp 13th Mar 18, 2:54 PM
    • 9Posts
    • 9Thanks
    courtchamp
    30 hr chilcare review?
    • 13th Mar 18, 2:54 PM
    30 hr chilcare review? 13th Mar 18 at 2:54 PM
    i will keep it brief my daughter was placed with me in my care by local authorities
    she started nursery near me january 2018, 30 hour started at her nursery and to be included i had to earn 120 a week.it was (100) a week previously i was getting self employed ,so i had words with bloke i work for and managed to squeeze extra from him starting jan 18,however i got msg
    things were fine first time application now i got msg
    Important: 30 hours free childcare will be stopped for daughter

Unfortunately, our checks have shown that you're no longer eligible for 30 hours free childcare for daughter because:

from the evidence we hold we have decided that you don't have a reasonable expectation of earning at least 6240 this tax year

However, you may still be able to access 30 hours free childcare for a short period, known as a grace period. You can check what your grace period arrangements are with your childcare provider.

You can still access the 15 hour universal early education entitlement for 3 and 4 year olds.

For information on eligibility, go to.

What happens next

Your childcare provider and local authority will be told that you no longer meet the requirements for 30 hours free childcare for Daughter

If you don't agree with our decision

Check the details you entered on your application are correct, you can do this in your childcare service account. If you entered the wrong information, and still want to apply for 30 hours free childcare, you can make a new application.

However, if the information on your application was correct, and you've checked you meet the eligibility criteria, you can ask for the decision to be looked at again by requesting a Mandatory Review.

You'll need to do this in writing within 30 days, and include:

your name, address and child's full name

reasons why you think our decision is wrong

the words 'Mandatory Review' in the title of your letter

Send your letter to: The childcare service, HMRC, BX9 1GR

We may ask you to supply original copies of evidence to support your Mandatory Review. If your Mandatory Review is rejected, you have the right of appeal to a tribunal.

Mandatory Review is there a standard letter to send as i have invoices stating ive earned the required 120 and statements to back this up i rang them they said write letter your income expectations are not reasonable
    any help please
Page 1
    • courtchamp
    • By courtchamp 13th Mar 18, 4:39 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    courtchamp
    • 13th Mar 18, 4:39 PM
    no
    • 13th Mar 18, 4:39 PM
    no as i already stated i was 100 per week not every week as some weeks i was off for holidays schools off etc but i did start earning the 120 from january as it stated was required
    and my circumstances changed when daughter was placed with me also
    • Darksparkle
    • By Darksparkle 13th Mar 18, 5:31 PM
    • 5,050 Posts
    • 3,287 Thanks
    Darksparkle
    • 13th Mar 18, 5:31 PM
    • 13th Mar 18, 5:31 PM
    If you're self employed why aren't you setting your own rates of pay? Are you registered self employed with HMRC and completing self assessments?
    • poppy12345
    • By poppy12345 13th Mar 18, 6:39 PM
    • 2,555 Posts
    • 2,542 Thanks
    poppy12345
    • 13th Mar 18, 6:39 PM
    • 13th Mar 18, 6:39 PM
    Let's get one thing straight first,

She isn't YOUR daughter.
    She is the child of someone else, she is their daughter. NOT yours.

She is your foster child, a big difference so stop passing of she is your daughter when she is in fact not, might want to look up the definition of "daughter".
    Originally posted by Justasis
    I think you need to read the forum rules, wow such an attitude coming here as a new poster with that sort of attitude.
    Rules here. https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/site/forum-faqs?_ga=2.180173668.1776791190.1520277848-2114866497.1520277847
    • courtchamp
    • By courtchamp 13th Mar 18, 7:42 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    courtchamp
    • 13th Mar 18, 7:42 PM
    • 13th Mar 18, 7:42 PM
    she is my daughter i am her father and do not want to disclose anymore i find this offensive
    • courtchamp
    • By courtchamp 13th Mar 18, 7:53 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    courtchamp
    • 13th Mar 18, 7:53 PM
    utr
    • 13th Mar 18, 7:53 PM
    yes i have utr and complete all forms however hours are limited
    and it also works for school the hours that is
    • sheramber
    • By sheramber 13th Mar 18, 8:38 PM
    • 4,670 Posts
    • 3,503 Thanks
    sheramber
    • 13th Mar 18, 8:38 PM
    • 13th Mar 18, 8:38 PM
    'I was getting self employed'
    Are you still self employed?

Have you checked that what you put on the form is correct?
    Last edited by sheramber; 13-03-2018 at 8:49 PM.
    • courtchamp
    • By courtchamp 13th Mar 18, 9:30 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    courtchamp
    • 13th Mar 18, 9:30 PM
    my formating sorry
    • 13th Mar 18, 9:30 PM
    a week previously i was getting . this was self employed i filled it in same as first one i believe for the first 3 month period
    • Darksparkle
    • By Darksparkle 14th Mar 18, 5:36 AM
    • 5,050 Posts
    • 3,287 Thanks
    Darksparkle
    • 14th Mar 18, 5:36 AM
    • 14th Mar 18, 5:36 AM
    Sorry I didn't ask about your hours I asked about your pay. If self employed you set your own rate of pay so why set it so low? You say you had to squeeze extra but it's up to you to set your rates and they should be set above nmw to take into account any expenses. And you could increase your clients so hours aren't limited.

Also although to previous post from justasis is out of order, to confirm is she a foster child? Because if so you wouldn't be eligible.
    • courtchamp
    • By courtchamp 14th Mar 18, 9:23 AM
    • 9 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    courtchamp
    yes i set my rate but i cant get more from him atm but do look elsewhere no she is not a foster child i am her father
    • sheramber
    • By sheramber 14th Mar 18, 2:19 PM
    • 4,670 Posts
    • 3,503 Thanks
    sheramber
    When did you start self employment ?

There is a concession for the first 12 months of trading.
    • courtchamp
    • By courtchamp 14th Mar 18, 11:41 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    courtchamp
    started
    it was 2015 ,by the way the web application only asks do you expect to receive 120 per week for next three months not your yearly income though this may be the case for 2018/19 the correct yearly income but as i only started in jan 18 they may be going off last assessment which there was time off etc expenses, i have no idea i rang them they said income was below expectations i explained she said write a letter i went to citizen advice for help with letter and i dont know much more i came out baffled as i have no idea what to put in letter he just let me crack on with it the web application does not say anything about yearly income weeks x 120 6240
    it says do you expect to receive 120 a week for next three months i did same on first application that was ok
    thanks
    • courtchamp
    • By courtchamp 15th Mar 18, 3:17 AM
    • 9 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    courtchamp
    got one
    i dont and will not disclose all detail here you need some manners
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,065Posts Today

8,702Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin