Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • shazzablue
    • By shazzablue 13th Mar 18, 10:35 AM
    • 119Posts
    • 42Thanks
    shazzablue
    car insurance
    • 13th Mar 18, 10:35 AM
    car insurance 13th Mar 18 at 10:35 AM
    Hi,i recently insured my car through admiral,they did not ask for proof of no claims..are insurers now checking this themselves?..its the first time i have not had to forward proof.
Page 1
    • FutureGirl
    • By FutureGirl 13th Mar 18, 4:37 PM
    • 1,087 Posts
    • 448 Thanks
    FutureGirl
    • 13th Mar 18, 4:37 PM
    • 13th Mar 18, 4:37 PM
    Some insurers check this themselves, yes. Some may ask you to provide proof down the line.
    • Superscrooge
    • By Superscrooge 13th Mar 18, 6:14 PM
    • 1,081 Posts
    • 775 Thanks
    Superscrooge
    • 13th Mar 18, 6:14 PM
    • 13th Mar 18, 6:14 PM
    There is now a 'No Claims Discount' database

https://www.mib.org.uk/managing-insurance-data/mib-hub/ncd/

I changed my insurance company a couple of weeks ago and also didn't need to send proof of 'No Claims'. So I suspect this will soon become the norm.
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 13th Mar 18, 8:01 PM
    • 31,704 Posts
    • 19,994 Thanks
    DCFC79
    • 13th Mar 18, 8:01 PM
    • 13th Mar 18, 8:01 PM
    There is now a 'No Claims Discount' database

https://www.mib.org.uk/managing-insurance-data/mib-hub/ncd/

I changed my insurance company a couple of weeks ago and also didn't need to send proof of 'No Claims'. So I suspect this will soon become the norm.
    Originally posted by Superscrooge
    Ive also recently changed my insurer, I was offered to be sent a copy of my NCB so I could forward it on, so far my next insurer hasn't asked for it so maybe they checked the database too.
    Can people stop loaning money/being a guarator to family/friends, it rarely ends well and you lose out as your money is gone or you get shafted with being a guarantor.
    • shazzablue
    • By shazzablue 14th Mar 18, 9:27 AM
    • 119 Posts
    • 42 Thanks
    shazzablue
    • 14th Mar 18, 9:27 AM
    • 14th Mar 18, 9:27 AM
    thank you for replies,makes sense with everything else being online.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,219Posts Today

6,211Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin