Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ihatemymother
    • By ihatemymother 13th Jan 18, 8:33 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    ihatemymother
    Csa fraud
    • 13th Jan 18, 8:33 PM
    Csa fraud 13th Jan 18 at 8:33 PM
    I need help and advice and I don't know who to turn to. My mother has once again put in a claim for my dad to pay her 600 a month for the one out of three children they have together. My mother is married to a considerably wealthy man who owns his own business, they live in a big !!!! off 6 bedroomed house and yet she still claims that she earns no money. I have proof that she's running her own business and is clearly dealing with all the money cash in hand. She's claiming that she earns NOTHING! I don't understand how the CSA hasn't picked up on the fact that she has !!!! loads of money and she's just very greedy. I need help. I need to prove that this woman is earning enough money to look after the one child she's claiming for
Page 1
    • DUTR
    • By DUTR 13th Jan 18, 8:45 PM
    • 11,319 Posts
    • 6,484 Thanks
    DUTR
    • 13th Jan 18, 8:45 PM
    • 13th Jan 18, 8:45 PM
    The parent with care can but in a claim, even if they were euro jackpot winners.
    The PWC cannot dictate what amount is contributed.
    Claims for sometime have gone via CMS.
    • ihatemymother
    • By ihatemymother 13th Jan 18, 9:09 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    ihatemymother
    • 13th Jan 18, 9:09 PM
    • 13th Jan 18, 9:09 PM
    no I understand that the parent can claim. what I don't understand is how she is able to get away with false claims of earning less than she does
    • DUTR
    • By DUTR 13th Jan 18, 9:44 PM
    • 11,319 Posts
    • 6,484 Thanks
    DUTR
    • 13th Jan 18, 9:44 PM
    • 13th Jan 18, 9:44 PM
    no I understand that the parent can claim. what I don't understand is how she is able to get away with false claims of earning less than she does
    Originally posted by ihatemymother
    She doesn't have to state what she earns or doesn't , no fraud is being commited, any PWC can submit a claim.
    • kimplus8
    • By kimplus8 13th Jan 18, 10:13 PM
    • 676 Posts
    • 2,078 Thanks
    kimplus8
    • 13th Jan 18, 10:13 PM
    • 13th Jan 18, 10:13 PM
    what she earns is irrelevant in child support law, she has the legal right to claim maintenance for her child.
    Dave Ramsey and Martin Lewis are my Money Saving Heros.
    • NotSuchASmugMarriedNow
    • By NotSuchASmugMarriedNow 14th Jan 18, 4:16 PM
    • 575 Posts
    • 1,112 Thanks
    NotSuchASmugMarriedNow
    • 14th Jan 18, 4:16 PM
    • 14th Jan 18, 4:16 PM
    What your mother earns is irrelevant. The non resident parent has to make a contribution to the financial upbringing of their child and rightly so.
    Overactively underachieving for almost half a century
    • Starrystarrynight1
    • By Starrystarrynight1 4th Feb 18, 11:17 AM
    • 202 Posts
    • 347 Thanks
    Starrystarrynight1
    • 4th Feb 18, 11:17 AM
    • 4th Feb 18, 11:17 AM
    If you think your mother is hiding income, it's HMRC who might need to know, rather than CMS.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I used to be Starrystarrynight on MSE, before a log in technical glitch!
    • Caz3121
    • By Caz3121 5th Feb 18, 10:42 AM
    • 11,279 Posts
    • 7,397 Thanks
    Caz3121
    • 5th Feb 18, 10:42 AM
    • 5th Feb 18, 10:42 AM
    what I don't understand is how she is able to get away with false claims of earning less than she does
    Originally posted by ihatemymother
    as her earnings have no part in child maintenance calculations, what is she claiming that you believe she is making false claims over?
    • thorsoak
    • By thorsoak 5th Feb 18, 11:07 AM
    • 5,662 Posts
    • 25,939 Thanks
    thorsoak
    • 5th Feb 18, 11:07 AM
    • 5th Feb 18, 11:07 AM
    Child maintenance is, simply, a recognition that the person who fathered a child should be responsible for contributing towards that child's upbringing. It matters not what the mother is earning, nor with whom she is living. The person who fathered a child is contributing to the upbringing of that child - not paying the mother.
    • NotSuchASmugMarriedNow
    • By NotSuchASmugMarriedNow 5th Feb 18, 5:32 PM
    • 575 Posts
    • 1,112 Thanks
    NotSuchASmugMarriedNow
    Child maintenance is, simply, a recognition that the person who fathered a child should be responsible for contributing towards that child's upbringing. It matters not what the mother is earning, nor with whom she is living. The person who fathered a child is contributing to the upbringing of that child - not paying the mother.
    Originally posted by thorsoak
    Most Sexist quote of the year so far. Some non resident parents are female.
    Overactively underachieving for almost half a century
    • JJWSJS8700
    • By JJWSJS8700 19th Feb 18, 10:30 AM
    • 76 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    JJWSJS8700
    Under old rules, it does make a difference what income the PWC has, then if they state not income but jackpot, it would be Variation Order, maybe Appeal, lar de dar.!!!128562;
    • JJWSJS8700
    • By JJWSJS8700 19th Feb 18, 10:31 AM
    • 76 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    JJWSJS8700
    Old Rules, do inclde PWCs income.
    • WYSPECIAL
    • By WYSPECIAL 25th Feb 18, 7:39 AM
    • 344 Posts
    • 147 Thanks
    WYSPECIAL
    Old Rules, do inclde PWCs income.
    Originally posted by JJWSJS8700
    But are now so old any claims still under these rules will have been ongoing for years. What usually happened in the circumstances described was the PWC closed the case and then waited six weeks before applying under 2003 rules.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

144Posts Today

1,626Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ah these care free days of watching #ENG score 5 goals in the first half of a World Cup match. It reminds me of... Never.

• Then it should be. It's not some accident. It's deliberate grappling https://t.co/UxVTuUSNio

• Penalty yes but time someone was sent off for these wrestling moves #WorldCup

• Follow Martin