Extra guests for evening reception

Hi

We are having less than 50 guests at our wedding at the end of May, so quite an intimate day. However, there are a handful of people we’d quite like to invite just to the evening reception, and by handful, I mean less than 10.

I feel that normally, when people have evening-only guests, it’s usually quite a lot more than this. Would it be weird for us to only have this small number of extra people?

Also, given that our wedding is just over two months away, do you think it’s too late to even be considering inviting people at this point?

Comments

• elleJay42
    elleJay42 Posts: 165 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    I wouldn't worry about it not being that many people, invite who you like, it's your wedding!

As for it being 2 months away, it's only the evening reception so people should be able to make it with this much notice. I'd just contact them and let them know the option of evening guests has become available and you'd love them to come.

We're the end of May too and we have a much bigger guest list (130 a night!) we have people on a reserve list because there are more people we'd like to invite than we can get in the venue. If we get anyone that can't make it we'll message them and invite them more informally closer to the date
    Total debt at LBM = £4861.03

DFBXmas2018 #91 - £3342 / £3500 (95.4%)

HTB ISA - £0 withdrawn for house purchase! :D
    Wedding Fund £2550 / £5000
  • PrettyKittyKat
    PrettyKittyKat Posts: 1,270 Forumite
    We has 87 in the day and an extra 5 at night for our wedding. Not weird in the slightest. It's your wedding do it how you want to!
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,836 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Its your wedding you invite how ever many you want. End off.

Enjoy
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    It's never too late to be invited. It just means you've a greater chance they can't make it.

Years ago, to keep numbers down, my cousin got married at a Register Office, with a few sandwiches in a local pub afterwards.... it was the Friday night, the night before, they popped to my parents' house to invite them. I couldn't make it as I had a Saturday job, but mum/dad/sibling all went.
  • HampshireH
    HampshireH Posts: 4,473 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Our whole package is 50 day and 60 eve so only an extra 10 also unless we pay more per additional personal.

:)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport