PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 4th March 2019

Options

Comments

• Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,894 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    ((Hugs)) to everyone struggling at the moment, either themselves or on behalf of others. Xx
  • YORKSHIRELASS
    YORKSHIRELASS Posts: 6,297 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Agree Fayolle, love to everyone coping with difficult times with loved ones.

Should really be ready for work now but in a serious CBA mood this morning! Lots of laundry sorted and shuffled. I ran out of washing powder a few weeks ago and have been using Mr Ts own brand washing liquid - and my washing machine smells funny, in fact I think its getting onto my clothes too. Bought bio powder yesterday and have now got sheets going in a 90 degree wash with a squirt of bleach.

DH is having trouble with his acid reflux, think there is something in the air here.

Ah well best get moving or shiny red Ford Focus man will beat me to the last space in the car park - we always seem to turn up at the same time. Catch you all later x
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,842 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hugs all round xx

Machine walk is done
    Kitchen is done

Admin type stuff to do
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • Narc0lepsy
    Narc0lepsy Posts: 2,664 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 6 March 2019 at 12:45PM
    Options
    Rather a piecemeal approach to flying, but so far:
    - folded and put away a basket of clean clothes
    - washed up
    - done a better job of sink cleaning than when I was theoretically doing the kitchen on Monday
    - vacuumed the hall, stairs, lounge and kitchen
    - done a good clean of en suite sink/tiles/surround
    - caught up with emails
    - put a chicken casserole in the slow cooker
    - picked a few daffodils and hellebores to brighten up the lounge.

I need to get changed and go to work now, hoping that the Uni C0sta machine is working; it seems to run out of milk as I'm driving in!
    Mr N is at the gym; he's due at the hospital to help the physio do some mobility exercises with MIL.
    Remember...a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.
  • shirlgirl2004
    shirlgirl2004 Posts: 2,983 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 6 March 2019 at 1:26PM
    Options
    Going to see how far I can get through this list. I spent 2 hours doing horses this am and came home and sat down if I don't work to a list I won't work. I've got 3 hours to get things done.
    Level 1
    [STRIKE]Open the window
    Strip the bed
    Fling the sheets etc in the washbasket
    Go and get your breakfast/kids off to school [/STRIKE]
    Level 2
    [STRIKE]Close the window (like you haven't already)[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Dust the headboard or vacuum as appropriate
    remake the bed[/STRIKE]
    Clear the floordrobe/chairdrobe or any other clutter
    (see - looks better already)
    [STRIKE]Dust all horizontal surfaces - vertical too, if you have time
    Polish any mirrors[/STRIKE]
    Level Three
    Clean the windows
    [STRIKE]Vacuum the floor[/STRIKE]
    Make sure bedside cabinets are clear of clutter - both on them and in them
    [STRIKE]Use a damp cloth to wipe those lotion and potion bottles.[/STRIKE]
    Extras
    HHI - don't let it build up (we will gloss over my little heap then) - could do as part of a HHC
    S&S bathroom
    S&S kitchen
    Make some me-time plans - meet up with a friend or get yourself primped and polished
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,912 Forumite
    Options
    Hello all. Between shifts at the moment. Dailies are done and the dogs have had a walk. Not sure if they'll get a second one as it's pouring with rain now.

About to see what I fancy doing from the list.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Options
    Boilerman didn't turn up.

Himself didn't let me know, so I got back after their offices had closed for the day (when I could have phoned at any point in the previous 4 hours and asked what they were playing at).

It's even colder today. And he didn't bother to clean the kitchen, but stayed on the settee - and has the nerve to complain that he was bored.

Not happy.

He's gone upstairs. And still not cleaning the kitchen.

Very not happy.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,426 Forumite
    Options
    Rosie and I have been out for a 40-minute walk, of which it was pouring down for at least 35 minutes. The BBC Weather website calls it "light rain showers" - that's a joke, right? Poor Rosie: as an ex-street dog her response to rain is to hole up somewhere warm and dry and sleep through it, and instead she had to trot through mud and puddles. But since she's now been dried and fed, I think she's forgiven me. As for me, I was soaked to the extent that I have had to strip off everything except my BH, as the Germans call it (replace the H with RA to get the English word!), so the WM is about to start work again.

I cleared my end of the CoD in our bedroom this morning and tidied my bedside storage unit. It appears that DH has not tidied any of his junk...

Is your OH reacting to the strain of the interview, Jojo?
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Options
    ionafan wrote: »
    Rosie and I have been out for a 40-minute walk, of which it was pouring down for at least 35 minutes. The BBC Weather website calls it "light rain showers" - that's a joke, right? Poor Rosie: as an ex-street dog her response to rain is to hole up somewhere warm and dry and sleep through it, and instead she had to trot through mud and puddles. But since she's now been dried and fed, I think she's forgiven me. As for me, I was soaked to the extent that I have had to strip off everything except my BH, as the Germans call it (replace the H with RA to get the English word!), so the WM is about to start work again.

I cleared my end of the CoD in our bedroom this morning and tidied my bedside storage unit. It appears that DH has not tidied any of his junk...

Is your OH reacting to the strain of the interview, Jojo?

Doubt it. [strike]the prospect of being the sole breadwinner if/when I get my redundancy probably isn't appealing to him, though. I haven't told him that there's a little voice in my ear telling me that it's about bloody time he knows what it's like whilst somebody else lounges around in bed before not doing the washing up for five and a half years, though[/strike]
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • Narc0lepsy
    Narc0lepsy Posts: 2,664 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Nice young lady for assessment today, and as Mr N set off for the hospital as I arrived home, I've already started writing it up. Much better MIL today, she was asleep when he went in this morning, awake and called him by name this evening and quite unperturbed by the saline drip. Had some lucid conversation although he said she's still as mad as a box of frogs! Still likely we'll have to cancel our few days in Amsterdam on 18th though :( so tomorrow I must check the insurance.
    Remember...a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure