Economy Energy stops trading - MSE News

Comments

• I'm still owed £217 from when I left EE in August :(
  • worn_out
    worn_out Posts: 161 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    think i'm owed £150+ but i'd expect to be in credit this time of year - according to EE i'm already £130 overspent !! ...
  • wavelets
    wavelets Posts: 1,164 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    worn_out wrote: »
    think i'm owed £150+ but i'd expect to be in credit this time of year - according to EE i'm already £130 overspent !! ...

Don't pay it - it's only an invitation for you to pay. (said the chip shop owner)

... Oh, sorry, wrong board :D
  • worn_out wrote: »
    not only scamming customers with vastly over estimated bills, i've also noticed they've fiddled the unit rates too which were supposedly fixed over my 12 month contract...going to be fun (not) trying to agree what my credit balance is with any new supplier...

Just checked my latest bills and noticed that they massively overestimated my latest bill too.
    A big believer in karma, you get what you give :A

If you find my posts useful, "pay it forward" and help someone else out, that's how places like MSE can be so successful.
  • Consumerist
    Consumerist Posts: 6,310 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    It looks like Ovo are taking on EE's customers and will refund former customers' credit balances.
    >:)Warning: In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
  • stevenpc
    stevenpc Posts: 139 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 15 January 2019 at 12:39AM
    ianto11 wrote: »
    As a "disillusioned" former customer, awaiting a refund, I'll form an orderly queue......it's the British way
    ive been in the queue since september but after numerous emails was told in december i was now in the fast track i only got a reply from an email i sent 3/1 to there ceo on 8th jan saying they had ceased trading but as i was away i didnt see the email untill yesterday.As i change months ago who will be issuing the refund is it ovo or eon who i changed to or ee as from what ive read today ee had been told to issue overdue refunds by 18th jan to people that requested them before jan 4th and within 28 days for people who requested after that date. confused!
  • Consumerist
    stevenpc wrote: »
    . . . confused!
    I'm inclined to agree with you.
  • stevenpc wrote: »
    ive been in the queue since september but after numerous emails was told in december i was now in the fast track i only got a reply from an email i sent 3/1 to there ceo on 8th jan saying they had ceased trading but as i was away i didnt see the email untill yesterday.As i change months ago who will be issuing the refund is it ovo or eon who i changed to or ee as from what ive read today ee had been told to issue overdue refunds by 18th jan to people that requested them before jan 4th and within 28 days for people who requested after that date. confused!

It should be Ovo. When they become Supplier of Last Resort they become responsible for all credits on both active and lost customers. Ovo should credit you in the coming weeks, then once all the dust has settled they claim the money back from the industry who share the cost collectively. This is all part of the SOLR process.

Note that this could take a while depending on the number of customers that need crediting and the quality of the data that EE was holding.
  • Consumerist
    . . . Ovo should credit you in the coming weeks, then once all the dust has settled they claim the money back from the industry who share the cost collectively. This is all part of the SOLR process. . .
    Although, according to the MSE report that Ovo would take over EE's customers:
    Ovo Energy has also agreed to absorb the costs of taking on these customers and outstanding credit balances, which means the extra costs will not fall on the industry or households.
    I think Ovo may come to regret that undertaking.
  • stevenpc
    stevenpc Posts: 139 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Although, according to the MSE report that Ovo would take over EE's customers:

I think Ovo may come to regret that undertaking.

they will assuming they obtained details from ee about all outstanding credit refunds as i wouldnt believe anything that ee says.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure