Boots Big Bargains Thread!

Comments

• babymt
    babymt Posts: 309 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    In Boots today in the usual hairbrush and hair accessories section they had loads of reduced items like tangle teezers down to £3ish and Denman brushes for £1.60. Lots of clips, hairbands, scrunchies etc for 48p-£1. I bought loads as with 2 girls we are always getting through these bits. Tangle teezer in particular was a good find as they are very rarely reduced.

Hope someone else finds some bargains in other stories. Assume this would be nation wide as clearing old stock.
  • Storck
    Storck Posts: 1,890 Forumite
    babymt wrote: »
    In Boots today in the usual hairbrush and hair accessories section they had loads of reduced items like tangle teezers down to £3ish and Denman brushes for £1.60. Lots of clips, hairbands, scrunchies etc for 48p-£1. I bought loads as with 2 girls we are always getting through these bits. Tangle teezer in particular was a good find as they are very rarely reduced.

Hope someone else finds some bargains in other stories. Assume this would be nation wide as clearing old stock.

In my local one today they were taking them all off to put the new stock out, so they might get reduced even more in the next week or so.

There was also an extra 20% off all fragrances in there today, on top of the normal offers.
    If you find you are drinking too much give this number a call. 0845 769 7555
  • Wizzbang
    Wizzbang Posts: 4,716 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    Well, as someone in their wisdom has decided to close the original thread I started, here we go again!

Lots of makeup bits reduced, including Seventeen and Rimmel- going from 99p for lipsticks to £3.50 for contouring concealer kits. There were lacquered eyeliners, nail varnishes, blushers, eyeshadows, face primers and foundations.

Lots of vitamins reduced.

In 1 store I was a Peppa Pig Grandpa's Pirate ship going for £10 (going for almost twice that on Amazon/ eBay).

Durex Condoms

Lots of hair grips, cotton headbands, bun rings, claw grips and hair ties going for pennies.

Hearing aid batteries

I forget what else now, there was tonnes of stuff being reduced. Noticed for example with the hair stuff, they've slightly redesigned the packaging which must be why all this lot is going cheap. Some great stocking fillers for girls here with all the makeup and hair stuff. Happy shopping everyone :)
    Minimalist
    Extra income since 01/11/12 £36,546.45

• redfox
    redfox Posts: 15,338 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Wizzbang wrote: »
    Well, as someone in their wisdom has decided to close the original thread I started, here we go again!

The thread wasn't closed or moved to It's gone, it was, is, still here and functioning!

So I have merged your new thread with the original one.
  • Wizzbang
    Wizzbang Posts: 4,716 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    redfox wrote: »
    The thread wasn't closed or moved to It's gone, it was, is, still here and functioning!

So I have merged your new thread with the original one.

Thanks, I couldn't spot it manually and neither could the search feature!
    Minimalist
    Extra income since 01/11/12 £36,546.45

• juliebunny
    juliebunny Posts: 1,705 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Has the Soap and Glory bubble burst...? The hand cream doesn't last for very long at all. I had several that I had to chuck after not that long at all as they were all watery. Very disappointed with the awful suitcase star style gift this year although the contents looked good.
    Less stuff, more life, love, laughter and cats!
    Even if I'm on the shopping threads, it doesn't mean I'm buying! Sometimes it's good to just look and then hit the CLOSE button!
  • Anyone know when the Boots gifts get sold off at about 80% discount? Early January I think? Just used the last of my bargains from last year!!
  • The 70% sale has started the second Wednesday in January for the past few years now.

It then goes to 90% off within a few weeks after that, no set formula for that one, just when the stock starts to run low and their looking to shift it.

Agree with previous poster that S&G bubble has burst. £30 for a fairly poor star gift choice this year meant it was the first time I have not bought it in past five years or so. Usually my friends and I stock up, but not one of us bought it.

This year we did join the beauty advent calendar craze and have not been disappointed.
  • Storck
    Storck Posts: 1,890 Forumite
    juliebunny wrote: »
    Has the Soap and Glory bubble burst...? The hand cream doesn't last for very long at all. I had several that I had to chuck after not that long at all as they were all watery. Very disappointed with the awful suitcase star style gift this year although the contents looked good.

Think the bubble burst last year when they had thousands of the star gift left in stores whereas this year most sold out due to getting less in.

My local store had hundreds of them when the Boxing Day sale started.
    If you find you are drinking too much give this number a call. 0845 769 7555
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure