Avro Energy reviews: Give your feedback

Options

Comments

• Willberry
    Willberry Posts: 37 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I signed up to Avro via MSE's Big Energy Switch Event 11. When I log in to my account with Avro and click on My Profile it shows that my tariff is Simple and MSE Collective fixed for 18 months. Obviously expiry date will be 18 months after date of switch.
  • Manuelthewaiter
    Options
    The MSE Switch people need to check what is sent out in letters, as this threw me as well.The tarriff is FIXED for 18 months, NOT VARIABLE, as it says! Can confirm, on looking at my page on the Avro website, that it is listed correctly.
  • wrongplanet
    wrongplanet Posts: 166 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    edited 2 October 2018 at 10:04PM
    Options
    Been on Avro's Simple and Supreme from 13/10/17 and set up a switch on 19/9/18 via MSE's Big Switch 11 to their MSE Collective tariff.

Waited until yesterday (1/10/18) for some communication from Avro about the switch before posting on their FB page about their silence. Was asked for my account number which I supplied mid-afternoon.

24 hours later, no response. Checked my Avro account and I'm on the MSE tariff. Added to my FB post and finally got a response:

"With regards to your message, this tariff was effective from the date that you requested the switch and this is something that has been set up and offered directly though the MSE website. For further information or to discuss this with them, you may contact them directly on the following email address: energyclub@..."

So there you have it - it wasn't up to them to communicate with me, it was MSE's responsibility.

As for the date of the changeover, one might have expected [STRIKE]the date[/STRIKE] it to be when my earlier 1-year fix ended on 13/10/18 to take full advantage of the cheaper current tariff, but no. The date of the switch may have been 19 September or some later date not so far stated.

And as had no idea that the switch was even going ahead, I didn't take meter readings on the mystery date of the changeover.

Well done Avro.

[Edit] Also, assuming it applies to change of tariff, when did the cooling off period start?
  • Consumerist
    Consumerist Posts: 6,310 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    . . . So there you have it - it wasn't up to them to communicate with me, it was MSE's responsibility.
    Well, that's a new one on me. As far as Ofgem is concerned, the new supplier is responsible for all aspects of a switch.

In your shoes I would forward Avro's response to CEC asking them why I had not been asked for opening meter readings nor been kept informed of the switch progress.
    >:)Warning: In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
  • wrongplanet
    Options
    Well, that's a new one on me. As far as Ofgem is concerned, the new supplier is responsible for all aspects of a switch.
    I was with Avro already and their MSE Collective offering was open to existing customers so my switch was tariff not supplier, which may make a difference though what I don't know.
  • Consumerist
    Options
    I was with Avro already and their MSE Collective offering was open to existing customers so my switch was tariff not supplier, which may make a difference though what I don't know.
    Ok. There is no cooling-off period for a change of tariff so that would explain the immediate switch.
  • wrongplanet
    wrongplanet Posts: 166 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    edited 3 October 2018 at 9:38AM
    Options
    Ok. There is no cooling-off period for a change of tariff so that would explain the immediate switch.
    That makes sense, but it doesn't explain their total lack of communication on the matter or their attitude when challenged on this.

I'd have expected something like:
    "We have received a change of tariff request via MSE. This will take place on dd/mm/yy. Please take meter readings on that date and supply them to us in the normal way. If you have not requested this change please contact us immediately."

[Edit] Also "Your new payment will be £nn starting on dd/mm/yy.
  • Cheshire_Mike
    Options
    I switched to Avro Energy about 5 months ago and currently have a large credit on my account. Have tried to contact Avro on three occasions by phone to reduce my payments and it cuts you off before you can get through to anyone. Also sent an email but no one came back to me. Very poor customer care so will be switching.
  • Consumerist
    Options
    . . . Very poor customer care so will be switching.
    Hi Cheshire Mike and welcome to the forum

In the last five months energy prices have increased dramatically across the board. You may find that your DD amount will not change, or even increase, if you switch. The difference is that on your current tariff with Avro you will get your credit balance back - eventually.

I understand that it is irritating to be paying an excessive DD but don't cut off your nose to spite your face.
  • Leear
    Leear Posts: 59 Forumite
    Options
    I switched to Avro Energy about 5 months ago and currently have a large credit on my account. Have tried to contact Avro on three occasions by phone to reduce my payments and it cuts you off before you can get through to anyone. Also sent an email but no one came back to me. Very poor customer care so will be switching.

Avro finally got back to my today. Didn't really address all my points, on tariffs, terms, reducing my monthly payments, or my large credit, etc. as it's much a standard general reply, but left the door open to ask them anything as below :(:(:o so I hope someone ask me about the Avro "Customer Service" experience :)

Thank You for your email.
    I apologise for the delay in responding to you.
    I can see you have renewed online since emailing us.
    Everything falls in line and is set to go ahead for the next 12 months.
    Please note that your account balance only updates once per month, when your statement is issued within 5 working days of the 30th of each month.
    Please let us know if there is anything else that we can assist with.
    Kind Regards,
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure