The MSE Forum will be undergoing some maintenance this evening. As a result, some users may experience temporary performance issues. Please use the Site Feedback board to report anything major. Thank you for your patience.

free wood how far would you drive for it??

2»

Comments

• berries
    berries Posts: 133
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I had my poplar Tree prolarded as it was huge and scary to watch when it was windly!!! I've still got some of it lefted. Burns lovely doesn't it. Who needs a gym membership when you got logs to cut up!!
    1 /10 nsd 😀
  • Gloomendoom
    Gloomendoom Posts: 16,550
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    berries wrote: »
    . ...willow one's and a bit of ash. Two car loads done as it's just up the road from me. I know willow isn't the greatest wood I will mix it up once it's ready next year or so!

The last lot of willow I had took about two years to season. I used most of it after three. It also carried on sprouting in the woodshed for about six months after it was split.
  • berries
    berries Posts: 133
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    The last lot of willow I had took about two years to season. I used most of it after three. It also carried on sprouting in the woodshed for about six months after it was split.

Wow!! Never knew it could take that long!! I've got the lengths to do next once I get my chain saw back.

I did have a a busy weekend as there was a fly tipping of cut trees down ........couldn't just leave it all there so clear up as much as I could whist doing that a pcso biked it down! ! Luckly he saw it was taking it then he told me where there's more logs! ! We had a good chat and he lefted a happy one!! So been collecting them !! Really need my chainsaw back now!! Fingers crossed it can be fixed! !
    1 /10 nsd 😀
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport