Is ESB in the Energy Club?

Irony
Irony Posts: 768 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
The comparison results don't seem to include ESB or am I missing something?
I thinking of leaving EON for Octopus or ESB,any thoughts etc?
Thanks

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 10 March 2019 at 2:18PM
    I ve just had a quote direct from their home website for a 2 year fix. ( South Yorks area ).Gas is comparable to my Bulb tariff at 3.4 p kwh , 23p dsc but electric price is pretty steep at 15.55 p kwh , 23 dsc compared to my 13.4 p with Bulb.. They seem good for gas so I will consider a 2 year fix with them. They are a well established Irish supplier so not likely to go bust unlike most of our cheap suppliers, including Bulb who look ripe to go under with their giveaway referral fees.
    ESB don`t appear on Ukpower/Uswitch .
  • Neil_Jones
    Neil_Jones Posts: 8,913 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I can see ESB on my Energy Club - not my specific tariff but I can see them.
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,851 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    They show for me as well, keep scrolling and you will probably find them.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 20 March 2019 at 11:11AM
    I've been with ESB since September last year. They've been good so far. They ask for a reading every quarter. Easy peasy.
    Dunno what latest rates are.
    Mine are:- Gas:2.8 (SC 38.71) and Lec:15.56 (SC 13.03)
  • joesoap1264
    joesoap1264 Posts: 221 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi Guys, is there any recent posts regarding esb.
    they are showing cheaper tariffs in my area on uswitch.

• Gerry1
    Gerry1 Posts: 9,937 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 4 April 2020 at 11:41AM
    Avoid ESB like the plague !  Their website gives fake 'quotations' for E7; they even admit they are only estimates.  They don't ask for day and night usage, only the total, so they can't be accurate.  In any case, their rates are expensive.
    Make sure your comparisons are showing the whole market: most default to only those who pay commission, and the CEC never shows the whole market.  Always include Citizens Advice and 'Switch with Which?'.
  • joesoap1264
    Gerry1 said:
    Avoid ESB like the plague !  Their website gives fake 'quotations' for E7; they even admit they are only estimates.  They don't ask for day and night usage, only the total, so they can't be accurate.  In any case, their rates are expensive.
    Make sure your comparisons are showing the whole market: most default to only those who pay commission, and the CEC never shows the whole market.  Always include Citizens Advice and 'Switch with Which?'.
    Hi Gerry, thanks for reply.
    I have used CEC, but they are not on there, unless I’ve missed them using whole of market, or all.
    will try the two you say, but any company  on any site will beat SP, without switching back.
    all their rates are Svr at present.
    their rates are more competative than Scottish power who I have been with for ages, unless I reswitch, and have their smart meter, which I don’t want.
    I only want whole day rates?
    avro and tonic come out equal, but not sure about the reviews.
    all the big six have good rates on uswitch, but again, a meter.
    cheers

i
  • Gerry1
    Gerry1 Posts: 9,937 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 4 April 2020 at 1:51PM
    Avro were fine in my experience so they would be a good choice, ditto Yorkshire Energy.
    I'm now with Neon Reef (not shown by CEC), no problems so far but they are a sister company of Utility Point who don't have a great reputation.  There's also no telephone support.
    Gulf for gas are also cheap and good (although with exit fees, even internal switches) and they've been pro-active in requesting readings every fortnight to avoid bill shock because of people working at home.  None of the above require smart meters.
    Don't delay, switch today !
  • joesoap1264
    Thanks again.
    I was expecting prices to drop with oil prices.
    Thought with ensuring sTate owned might be more safe than others with all this going on ?
    Had no probs with SP, until trying to leave but do not like being forced to have a meter to get good tariff 
    Will keep looking
    With my fix up at end of month and  beingtheir cheapest rate to me Is their svr, can decide after.fix
    Cheers
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport