store first

Comments

• Malthusian
    Malthusian Posts: 10,936 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    If you were advised to invest by an FCA-regulated adviser, complain to them that the investment was unsuitable.

If not, complain to Berkley Berk that they failed to do due diligence on the store pods.

Whichever you complain to, if they fail to compensate you, proceed to the Financial Ombudsman and/or the FSCS if needed.

Numerous people have been awarded compensation by the FOS on both bases.
  • calleyw
    calleyw Posts: 9,824 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Malthusian wrote: »
    If you were advised to invest by an FCA-regulated adviser, complain to them that the investment was unsuitable.

If not, complain to Berkley Berk that they failed to do due diligence on the store pods.

Whichever you complain to, if they fail to compensate you, proceed to the Financial Ombudsman and/or the FSCS if needed.

Numerous people have been awarded compensation by the FOS on both bases.

What happens if the IFA is not longer trading?

Complain to the people who have since been looking after the investment? And then Financial Ombudsman and/or the FSCS?

Thanks in advance.

Yours

Calley x
    Hope for everything and expect nothing!!!

Good enough is almost always good enough -Prof Barry Schwartz

If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try -Seth Godin
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,358 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    calleyw wrote: »
    What happens if the IFA is not longer trading?

Complain to the people who have since been looking after the investment? And then Financial Ombudsman and/or the FSCS?

Thanks in advance.

Yours

Calley x

You dont have access to the FOS. You go to the FSCS straight off.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • calleyw
    calleyw Posts: 9,824 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    dunstonh wrote: »
    You dont have access to the FOS. You go to the FSCS straight off.

Thanks.

Not sure who has already been contacted. As I am helping a friend with this by passing on info. And I know they contacted someone who then tried to contact the IFA. Hence why we found out no longer trading.

I will let my friend know.

Yours

Calley x
    Hope for everything and expect nothing!!!

Good enough is almost always good enough -Prof Barry Schwartz

If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try -Seth Godin
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Has anyone been contacted by this company and do you have any information on them. They have contacted us interested in buying our pods.
    GRL GROUP
    Rolex Tower
    Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai

Yours sincerely,
    Manchu Pate
    Finance Director
    GRL Group
  • AnotherJoe
    AnotherJoe Posts: 19,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Jhyde wrote: »
    Has anyone been contacted by this company and do you have any information on them. They have contacted us interested in buying our pods.
    GRL GROUP
    Rolex Tower
    Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai

Yours sincerely,
    Manchu Pate
    Finance Director
    GRL Group

Its a scam. End of.
  • Malthusian
    Malthusian Posts: 10,936 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    They are operating the same fraud recovery fraud on Park First investors. What kind of Dubai investment company wants to buy both worthless storage sheds and worthless car parking spaces in the North of England and Scotland?

A Park First investor has confirmed that if you contact GRL Group, they will demand "legal fees" upfront which will supposedly "be returned following the successful sale". Needless to say if you fall for this you will never see this money again.
  • HI Can you offer advise on how to claim my investment with Storefirst vack from the SIPP provider Rowanmore ltd
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,358 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Pwllmawr1 wrote: »
    HI Can you offer advise on how to claim my investment with Storefirst vack from the SIPP provider Rowanmore ltd

if you used a regulated financial adviser, then you complain to the adviser. If you didn't then you can complain that the SIPP provider allowed you to buy an unsuitable asset. That probably won't work but in rare cases it does.

You don't just get your money back by making a bed decision.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure