Shop & Scan

Comments

• sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,889 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    grunnie wrote: »
    How long do they take to answer emails as I have changed my computer and now on Windows 8.1 and that doesn't seem compatible with their system

I usually get a reply within 24 hours but to be honest it's probably better calling them.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • grunnie
    grunnie Posts: 1,789 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    I have given up doing shop and scan after many years 10+ at least and phoned them to let them know. I was told I would get a jiffy bag to return the clicker etc and am still waiting. Yesterday I got a quite sharp email from them to say hurry up and return our clicker which you don't get to keep!!. I replied that I had not received a jiffy bag as promised. Today I got a very aggressive phone call ( it was a taped message ) demanding the clicker to be sent back and says to press 1 if I wanted to speak to a person. I did this and was cut off. I then phoned them and they are sending out another jiffy bag.What a way to treat someone who has been a loyal shop and scan shopper for years.Politeness costs nothing and if they are reading this then please listen to your taped message and rerecord it in a nicer manner.
  • Aesop
    Aesop Posts: 23,773 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    grunnie wrote: »
    How long do they take to answer emails as I have changed my computer and now on Windows 8.1 and that doesn't seem compatible with their system

I use the app

https://www.shopandscan.com/html/desktopapp.htm
  • compmad1
    compmad1 Posts: 995 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    edited 12 September 2014 at 9:26PM
    littlewren wrote: »
    I was on the Food Diary panel every few months, filling out the paper booklet, up until about 6 months ago. I then didn't receive one so I gave them a call and it appears they don't need me to do that diary anymore now......because of my age :(:(

How old are you? Don't say if it's too personal.
  • I got my first voucher from these, and it is a nice little service, but good grief they give you hassle if you don't submit! So many phone calls and emails and things through the post because I forgot to submit one food shop!
  • grunnie
    grunnie Posts: 1,789 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    I got my first voucher from these, and it is a nice little service, but good grief they give you hassle if you don't submit! So many phone calls and emails and things through the post because I forgot to submit one food shop!
    If you think that is hassle wait till you give up and try to return the clicker and flex. To date 3 emails 2 postcards and 4 phone calls from them and a similar number of phone calls to them and I am still waiting for a prepaid jiffy bag to return the items.
  • littlewren
    littlewren Posts: 1,988 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    compmad1 wrote: »
    How old are you? Don't say if it's too personal.

I'm 47..............had to put in the dots as the message was too short to post otherwise lol
    Money, money, money, must be funny, in the rich man's World!
  • littlewren wrote: »
    I'm 47..............had to put in the dots as the message was too short to post otherwise lol

Thanks. I'll soon be given the sack then!
  • Has anyone been able to transmit their barcodes this morning?
    I've tried via the desktop app and through my browser but no joy.
  • Has anyone been able to transmit their barcodes this morning?
    I've tried via the desktop app and through my browser but no joy.

No I haven't either, glad it's not just me, it's been driving me mad.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback