PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

July 2017 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 4,869 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Happy shiny new thread! Budgets updated to here :)

Good luck to everyone taking part :D

Coxy
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn 12/24
  • Kittencat
    Kittencat Posts: 699 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi there.

This month, my 2nd, will be much lower than last. Last month we were well in budget so the month of July will be £280 . My month starts 23rd - 23rd.
  • mr1972
    mr1972 Posts: 5 Forumite
    Hello,

It's been a while since I've been here but really need to sort my self out as too many trips to small shops.

Please could you put me down for £375.00.

This is for all meals and lunches for 3 adults.

Thank you ,

MR1972
    NSD 0/10
    August Grocery Challenge £102.88/£350.00
  • Merlin's_Beard
    Merlin's_Beard Posts: 1,427 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    I'll go for £100 and see if I can get an extra 8 days out of the same money, should be interesting!
    Start mortgage date: August 2022; Start mortgage amount: £240,999; Original mortgage free date: August 2056
    Current mortgage amount: £233.529.75
    Start student loan 2012: £29,750; current student loan: £11.400.50; OP offset fund: £750
  • YorksLass
    YorksLass Posts: 1,707 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Joining again please for July, a 4-week month for me and DH, so a total of £160 for groceries only. Cleaning materials, household items and toiletries come from a separate budget that's not been touched for the last two months due to the enormous stocks I have already. :o

Still posting in June as I've another week to go yet to finish June but will be hopping over here next Friday to start July.

Many thanks to the thread organisers for all your hard work - it's definitely helping me to stay on track! :A
    Be kind to others and to yourself too.
  • wannalot
    wannalot Posts: 182 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hello all,

Can I be included in this challenge please? I have been awol for a few months, and my spending has generally spun out of control. I'm overspending on everything and it has to stop, especially since I'm buying a house over the next few months and every penny will be needed! I need to regain a sense of self-discipline...

I'd like to set a budget of £75 for one person, for the month running from 26/06 to 25/07. This is low for me, but I will be away from home for ten days on an expensive (!) holiday to France for a friend's wedding. I also have chaotically filled cupboards, crammed with stuff thatis begging to be used!!

Good luck everyone!
    2024 goals
    GC: Jan £160 (annual £1920)
    Savings: save £10K (or move house)
    Health: Lose 3 stone
    Mind: read at least 24 books
  • peony40
    peony40 Posts: 645 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hello,

I'd like to join you for this month. Please can you put me down for £200. This is to cover 2 adults for groceries/toiletries/household for July.

Many thanks.
    Sealed Pot Challenge # 003
    August 2023 Grocery Challenge: Wk 2 £31.39/40 Wk 3 £35.18/40 (savings: £13.43)
  • Doom_and_Gloom
    Doom_and_Gloom Posts: 4,695 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Thank you for those that run and contribute to this challenge. It really helps keep me in check.

As July is a 31 day month I'll put the budget at £155 (£5/day for both of us so £2.50/ day each) for just food and non alcoholic drinks.
    We are already over in June, but I'm hoping we will make July (should as OH will be away a few days on his brothers stag do and I'll mostly be eating from the freezer then). If we don't come in budget in July I will up the budget by 50p a day in August. Food prices going up is unfortunately a reality.
    I am a vegan woman. My OH is a lovely omni guy :D
  • Suzywoozy8
    Suzywoozy8 Posts: 7 Forumite
    edited 24 June 2017 at 7:11PM
    Hi there,

Please could I join in this thread too?!

At the moment our food bill is astronomical compared to what it used to/ could be.
    We are two adults and a baby. Baby has formula and nappies (obv) which is raising the spends.
    Our set budget is £400 per month, but I rarely come in under this, though I would like to be a lot more economical! We also feed approx 8 students two nights a month.

I'd like to start with trying to come in under budget and look to lowering our budget, the budget runs from 25th June - 26th July.

Hope that's ok

Thanks
  • MissLemon
    MissLemon Posts: 112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Combo Breaker
    Hello,

Can you put me down for £200. This is for a household of 2 adults and one dog. I'm hoping to keep it under £200 even though I will need to buy the dried dog food next month (I usually get it in bulk for about £35 which lasts 3.5 months).

We've got so much food in our cupboards and freezer I'm hoping that most of my shopping will just be for dog food, fresh fruit, veg and bread!
    Original MF Date January 2035. MF Date February 2022
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport