Quit everything , and start again over 50?

Comments

• Have you any concrete evidence that the buyers are dragging their feet? If you take my advice you will ask your solicitor to ask their solicitor if there is an issue and then you do whatever you can to sort it out. Do not lose this buyer. I have asked this before, but has your personality changed since your diagnosis, acetylcholine is a major neurotransmitter and I would say that you are suffering from anxiety possibly as a direct result of your MG or as a result of being ill. You are on some very potent medication, you need time out to get well . This does not preclude you moving back to London at some point in the future - we don't know what will happen in the housing market. Deep breath DO NOT OVER REACT.
  • savingmore
    savingmore Posts: 657
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 27 October 2016 at 12:58PM
    hi AC, i haven't posted for quite a while. PLEASE, PLEASE think about this. the prices have dropped a bit since you sold, so if you relisted its much more of a buyers market than a sellers, so imho you wouldn't get as much money for your flat. If they are hesitating a bit, a goodwill gesture of saying paying for the fascias, would be a worthwhile investment and get your flat moving. your costs by cancelling at this stage (including having to pay estate agent's fees if YOU pull out) will be far more than the fascia boards.
    Your solicitor should be able to find out exactly why the buyers are not going rushing ahead from their solicitor. As one of the recent posters suggests, it could be they are waiting for another pay cheque to come in at end of month. for the sake of a couple of weeks, i recommend you hold your nerve. Rooting for you.
  • Personality not changed. Not suffering from anxiety.Never have , and IMHO never will.
    I'm as anxious as anybody would be in this situation .
    When givenan information pack by the estate agents ,and then told of a time which seems reasonable you go with it .
    Also, when you use a solicitor , who you have used on 2 other occasions for
    conveyancing, and he basically says the other solicitor is asking trivial things that are not really relevant then you do get a tad cross.
    I am basically bored , and need to move on .
    100% not suffering from any Othet illness than myasthenia gravis
  • savingmore wrote: »
    hi AC, i haven't posted for quite a while. PLEASE, PLEASE think about this. the prices have dropped a bit since you sold, so if you relisted its much more of a buyers market than a sellers, so imho you wouldn't get as much money for your flat. If they are hesitating a bit, a goodwill gesture of saying paying for the fascias, would be a worthwhile investment and get your flat moving. your costs by cancelling at this stage (including having to pay estate agent's fees if YOU pull out) will be far more than the fascia boards.
    Your solicitor should be able to find out exactly why the buyers are not going rushing ahead from their solicitor. As one of the recent posters suggests, it could be they are waiting for another pay cheque to come in at end of month. for the sake of a couple of weeks, i recommend you hold your nerve. Rooting for you.

Thanks very much:)
    I am willing to meet halfway for fascia . I wish someone would tell me something so I can act .
    Thanks
  • wendym
    wendym Posts: 2,945 Forumite
    Smodlet - I think it's pronounced hugger, or even hooger, with the second syllable short.

AC - it doesn't matter how many people tell you just to sit tight - you're finding that difficult/impossible.

So, while NOT pulling out, how about contacting both CB and your solicitor? Say you are new to selling a leasehold property, that you remember the buyers talked about the last week in October, and you're just wondering what the current likely date is. You could mention, not in a panicky way, how helpful it would be so you can move forward with your arrangements eg confirming a rental property, informing employers, booking removers etc.
  • wendym wrote: »
    Smodlet - I think it's pronounced hugger, or even hooger, with the second syllable short.

AC - it doesn't matter how many people tell you just to sit tight - you're finding that difficult/impossible.

So, while NOT pulling out, how about contacting both CB and your solicitor? Say you are new to selling a leasehold property, that you remember the buyers talked about the last week in October, and you're just wondering what the current likely date is. You could mention, not in a panicky way, how helpful it would be so you can move forward with your arrangements eg confirming a rental property, informing employers, booking removers etc.

Thanks Wendy :)
    I did this already . I would expect to hear something tomorrow( next Friday at the latest) TBH , as my solicitor has indicated to the other
    side my preferred dates for exchange / completion.
    Initially, it was gonna be me dragging my heels ,as at one stage I was gonna buy outright in a short time . A stupid move :)
    The impression I got from chase Buchanan was that they are like greyhounds trying to complete ASAP.
    So basically , instead of waiting for me , it's the other way round
  • wendym
    wendym Posts: 2,945 Forumite
    How about a laugh for mid-afternoon?

Remember my tooth? Appt weeks ago with locum, who would have been happy to help, but I 'happened' to see him 2 hours before he left for ever. So a completely wasted visit.

Appt made with new dentist a month later. Phone call the afternoon before to cancel, as he is waiting for his licence to practice number.

So far that's one dentist about to disappear, and one who doesn't yet exist.

Sent email a week ago explaining that I'm getting by on antibiotics and pain killers, asking for help. No response.

Just phoned again. The dentist hovering in the ether is still not registered, not, as I suspected, because he is newly qualified, but because he has been working in Wales. Not Peru, but Wales.

Now have appt with a dentist who does exist, but not until the end of November. I can't do standard emergency appt cos of steroids but mainly anti-coagulant.

The only tenuous link to your situation is the 'like pulling teeth ' analogy. If only".................
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    AC another one saying don't pull out. You will never be able to move on if you are going to drop out every time there is a slight delay. It took us 3 months to sell a non-leasehold property with no real issues.

Do you really want to spend another winter commuting in London?

Phone CB and tell them you have serious concerns about the buyers commitment and are THINKING of pulling out if they can't exchange in the next week. In my opinion estate agents seem to be able to get things moving better than solicitors - fear of losing their commission probably. But don't cut off your nose to spite your face.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    LL b*llocks to feeling poorly :(. Hope you feel better soon x
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • Smodlet
    Smodlet Posts: 6,976
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    The last time we sold a house, the market was in freefall (six years ago) It took us two years...

AC, perspective, please.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport