Let's do this!

Comments

• Lilith1980
    Lilith1980 Posts: 2,100 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Hi all, not been on here much as concentrating on making the changes to my thesis, which are nearly done. I'll get them finished and then send them to my supervisor for checking. I hope he can come back to me quickly as I'd like to graduate in July. I'm really stressed about it all and not sleeping too good so I'll be glad once it's done.

Spending has been kept down since we came back from our week off. I was meant to be meeting up with a friend next week but she's cancelled and we've rearranged for May, so that saves me some money this month. I've got therapy again this weekend, but I budget for that each month.

Managed to get myself some good bargains on ebay. Ended up with 3 t-shirts, three jumpers, and a new sports bra for about £40. I used the money I'd normally put away in my rainy day fund, as I figured it was time to treat myself, and I actually did need most of the clothes as I'd gotten rid of a load.

Hope everyone is keeping well :)
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Try not to worry about your thesis too much Lilith - you sound like you've got it under control.

Clothes were definitely an excellent bargain!:T
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • Lilith1980
    Try not to worry about your thesis too much Lilith - you sound like you've got it under control.

Clothes were definitely an excellent bargain!:T

Thanks Seasidegal! I'm just worried that I'll send it to my supervisor and he'll take weeks to send it back (I've had this issue throughout my doctorate), but we'll see. I'd like to graduate in July and get it done :rotfl:
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Good spend on your clothes .

Your thesis will happen when it happens, as SG says don't worry about it.
  • Lilith1980
    Good spend on your clothes .

Your thesis will happen when it happens, as SG says don't worry about it.

Thanks Cumbria Lass. I know I need to chill about it. I just want it over as it's been so stressful. It'll happen as you say :)
  • Lilith1980
    Received my £125 switching bonus from Natwest the other day which was a nice surprise as I didn't expect it until later this month :) I put £100 in the rainy day fund and bought some wine and foodie treats for hubby and I with the remainder.

Cashed in £15 from mysurveys and also a £5 amazon voucher from Shoppix. Just waiting for my Receipt Hog account to reach the threshold too but but seems to go slower than Shoppix lol.

I need to check my rainy day fund as I want to start paying more off my credit cards and haven't done that for a bit.

Had an email from the university yesterday to say I can send my revised thesis by email rather than posting it, which was a relief as it was going to cost about £40 to reprint and post!
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,243 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Good news on the bonus.
    Good news to on being able to email rather than post.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Lilith1980
    Thanks beanie :)
  • Lilith1980
    Hope everyone is having a nice weekend. We've had some glorious sunshine here, although I think rain is forecast for part of today.

Hubby and I went for a meal yesterday, but it only cost £10 as we used our Tesco vouchers :)

Need to do the monthly food shop today, ugh! :rotfl: I've taken an inventory so that we don't buy more than what we need. I really loathe going into the shops (we go to Aldi and Tesco), but it only takes us about an hour in total so it's not too bad.

I've been awake since 5.30am thanks to the pooch, but I do love listening to the dawn chorus at that time. She is now sound asleep on my lap :rotfl:

Hope everyone has a good Sunday.
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Well done on your MSE meal Lilith!

I hope you're having a lovely Sunday - weather great here but we're in for some showers later as well.
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business