Uhtred goes Viking against his debt

Options

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    woo hoo. welcome back. Wasn't series 3 AMAZING.

I've been off raiding too. will be coming back to roost shortly!!
  • Uhtred_Ragnarsson
    Options
    ramblehan wrote: »
    woo hoo. welcome back. Wasn't series 3 AMAZING.

I've been off raiding too. will be coming back to roost shortly!!

It's good to be back :j

The last series was excellent - fingers crossed there will be another and that I get debt free before Uhtred takes back Bebbanburg!
    Save
    Wyrd bid ful aread
  • Uhtred_Ragnarsson
    Options
    The Gods have been smiling on me this week.

Although I knew I had to pay penalty interest for any loan overpayments, the amount is not as high as expected. In a nutshell, if I paid an extra £300 of silver per month, the extra interest would only be £4.04. Considering that by clearing the loan at that rate I will be saving almost £1600 in interest, I have to thank the fates!

My DFD has also been pulled right back - I've cast my Excel runes and they say I will be debt free in 22 months which takes me to March 2019.

I've thought about what I want to do when I get to that point and I've decided I won't jump to pay off the mortgage on Bebbbanburg. I'll just use my extra silver to build an army to take it back from my thieving uncle by force! Quite apart from that pleasure, I've decided I've been in debt for so long that I just want a period where I can live. I don't mean living the high life, just that I want to live without watching every bit of silver.

Fate is everything.
    Wyrd bid ful aread
  • Uhtred_Ragnarsson
    Options
    Another small step towards less debt today.

I was on the lowest gas/electricity tariff with EDF, fixed until February 2018. Using the MSE switching gizmo I have switched to EON - should be about £72 a year cheaper which reduces my monthly payments by £6 but better still it's a one year fix which means I'm sorted nicely until June 2018. I didn't fancy coming off my fixed tariff in January when I use most gas.

A nice wee bonus is the £30 cashback somewhere down the line so it's all positive this week.

I hesitated to switch to save a relatively small sum but it's little things like that which will make each month just slightly easier and hopefully keep me on track with overpaying my loans.

Fate is everything.
    Wyrd bid ful aread
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Another small step towards less debt today.

I was on the lowest gas/electricity tariff with EDF, fixed until February 2018. Using the MSE switching gizmo I have switched to EON - should be about £72 a year cheaper which reduces my monthly payments by £6 but better still it's a one year fix which means I'm sorted nicely until June 2018. I didn't fancy coming off my fixed tariff in January when I use most gas.

A nice wee bonus is the £30 cashback somewhere down the line so it's all positive this week.

I hesitated to switch to save a relatively small sum but it's little things like that which will make each month just slightly easier and hopefully keep me on track with overpaying my loans.

Fate is everything.

Welcome aboard Uhtred Ragnarsson.

Just a quick heads up. If you're paying with a Monthly Direct Debit and have registered with our website, you can take more control over your payments. This includes altering the monthly amount should circumstances change. You can do this through the Direct Debit Manager.

Once logged on and provided the account is billed up to the latest meter readings, payments can be changed by up to 20 per cent up or down. By up to 5 per cent up or down without readings. Before confirming the new amount, we'll let you know by how much we think the account will be in credit/debit if payments are changed but usage doesn't alter as expected.

You can also create your own bills online. Pop in meter readings and you'll have the option of seeing the balance that would result or actually issuing a bill. It's a great way to keep on top of things and helps you spot if there's too much credit/debit building up. Our aim with these arrangements is to reach as near as possible to a zero balance by the time of the annual review.

Hope this is of interest Uhtred Ragnarsson. Let me know if you ever need any help with your E.ON account. Helena and I are usually about weekdays between 8am and 6pm.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Uhtred_Ragnarsson
    Options
    Welcome aboard Uhtred Ragnarsson.

Just a quick heads up. If you're paying with a Monthly Direct Debit and have registered with our website, you can take more control over your payments. This includes altering the monthly amount should circumstances change. You can do this through the Direct Debit Manager.

Once logged on and provided the account is billed up to the latest meter readings, payments can be changed by up to 20 per cent up or down. By up to 5 per cent up or down without readings. Before confirming the new amount, we'll let you know by how much we think the account will be in credit/debit if payments are changed but usage doesn't alter as expected.

You can also create your own bills online. Pop in meter readings and you'll have the option of seeing the balance that would result or actually issuing a bill. It's a great way to keep on top of things and helps you spot if there's too much credit/debit building up. Our aim with these arrangements is to reach as near as possible to a zero balance by the time of the annual review.

Hope this is of interest Uhtred Ragnarsson. Let me know if you ever need any help with your E.ON account. Helena and I are usually about weekdays between 8am and 6pm.

Malc

Thanks very much for all of that information - totally fantastic! I do pay by DD and as soon as I get the welcome pack I will do all the registration stuff online.

Rather chuffed that there is so much flexibility because I like to pay a bit more in the summer to even out winter.

Cheers :beer:
    Wyrd bid ful aread
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Thanks very much for all of that information - totally fantastic! I do pay by DD and as soon as I get the welcome pack I will do all the registration stuff online.

Rather chuffed that there is so much flexibility because I like to pay a bit more in the summer to even out winter.

Cheers :beer:
    Great stuff Uhtred Ragnarsson. Glad my post was useful. You know where I am if you need any more information. Happy to help.

Have a good weekend. :beer:

Malc
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Uhtred_Ragnarsson
    Options
    Hi Malc

I'm wondering if you could point me in the right direction. I did the switch on 19th and I understood I would receive a welcome email from EON within 4 days. So far I've heard nothing. Would this indicate some sort of problem?

Thanks in advance
    Wyrd bid ful aread
    Options
    Hi Malc

I'm wondering if you could point me in the right direction. I did the switch on 19th and I understood I would receive a welcome email from EON within 4 days. So far I've heard nothing. Would this indicate some sort of problem?

Thanks in advance

Hi Uhtred Ragnarsson and sorry you haven't been contacted yet.

Have you received confirmation from the Cheap Energy Club that the switch has been started? If you have, our Welcome email usually follows within 2-3 days. If not, might be an idea to check all's well at their end.

I'll be happy to check what's happening from our side too. Just drop an email with your details to the address in my Profile. I'll take a look and let you know where we're at.

Look forward to hearing from you Uhtred Ragnarsson. I'm off in a few minutes but will be back in bright and early tomorrow morning so can pick this up then.

Malc
  • Uhtred_Ragnarsson
    Options
    Hi Malc

Yes, I have got the email from the Cheap Energy Club saying things are moving but that's all I have. I had a look at your profile but I can't see any email address to send on my details. Perhaps I'm just not seeing it! :o.
    Wyrd bid ful aread
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport