IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Letter before action advicr

Options
My husband, az the registered keeper, received a parking notice in January for being 19 minutes over the allowed 1 hour period. We followed advise of the time to ignore the charges believing this was something that old not be enforced. We have now received a letter before action and are now concerned as to how to proceed.... help please as we really can't afford to pay the £140 but at the same time don't want my husband to end up in court and have to pay even more

Comments

• latest_flame
    Options
    My husband, az the registered keeper, received a parking notice in January for being 19 minutes over the allowed 1 hour period. We followed advise of the time to ignore the charges believing this was something that old not be enforced. We have now received a letter before action and are now concerned as to how to proceed.... help please as we really can't afford to pay the £140 but at the same time don't want my husband to end up in court and have to pay even more
    That hasnt been "advise of the time" for over a year, try peppipoo.
    Good luck you will probably need it.
  • vivatifosi
    vivatifosi Posts: 18,746 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee! PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Was it in a public or private car park? There is a separate forum on MSE that is a sub forum of Motoring. Not easy for me to post link to it, but I'd try there, with a bit more info, eg the name of the org that sent the LBA.
    Please stay safe in the sun and learn the A-E of melanoma: A = asymmetry, B = irregular borders, C= different colours, D= diameter, larger than 6mm, E = evolving, is your mole changing? Most moles are not cancerous, any doubts, please check next time you visit your GP.
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,231 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 19 March 2017 at 3:49PM
    Options
    That hasnt been "advise of the time" for over a year, try peppipoo.
    Good luck you will probably need it.

Actually the advice to ignore private parking tickets has not been given on the MSE parking board since the law changed in 2012.

pepipoo is good, but so is the MSE parking forum, which is where this thread has been moved to (but still linked from DT.)

pepipoo however is better for council and police motoring matters as opposed to parking on private land which is completely unregulated.

Concerned driver, please give us some more information. The name of the parking company, the date of the alleged event, when the NTK arrived, and the location of the alleged event (residential car park, retail outlet, hospital etcetera.)

Do not reveal who was driving at any point. Parking companies read these fora.

You should also read the Sticky thread for NEWBIES which is your one stop shop for all private parking issues.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    My husband, az the registered keeper, received a parking notice in January for being 19 minutes over the allowed 1 hour period. We followed advise of the time to ignore the charges believing this was something that old not be enforced.

You read ancient threads over 3 or 4 years old! When you research on t'internet, I recommend you check the date on forum posts and always click through to page one of the right forum. Stop reading old stuff.
    We have now received a letter before action and are now concerned as to how to proceed.... help please as we really can't afford to pay the £140 but at the same time don't want my husband to end up in court and have to pay even more

You don't pay more than about £175 even if you lost a hearing about this matter, in small claims (no CCJ, no risk, no biggie, just a life experience to fight it). Which Parking firm? Not all actually use small claims.

And what happened when you complained to the landowner/retailer, as anyone would?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure