Salary calculation

Hi

I might be asking in the wrong section here but i'm hoping someone might be able to help me calculate my new salary as I cant seem to find an online calculator that lets me put enough details in.

My Salary has changed to £22000 pro rata
I work 4 days/30 hours a week
My tax code is 1250L
I contribute £52.50 a month into my pension

If anyone can figure that one out for I would be really grateful.

Thanks

Comments

• frugalmacdugal
    frugalmacdugal Posts: 10,077 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Hi,

try this wee gadget.
  • Thanks but there still isn't option to input £22.000 pro rata which is what I'm after.

They all seem to assume its based on 37.5 a week
  • tacpot12
    tacpot12 Posts: 7,957 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I always use this calculator: https://listentotaxman.com/

It doesn't allow you to put a full-time salary in and pro-rata it for part-time working, but you can calculate your pro-rata salary by dividing £22,000 by 37.5 and multiplying by 30. (The answer is £17,600 if you don't have a calculator handy).

So put £17,600 in as your gross salary on the website above, tell it how much pension contribution you make either as a percentage or as an amount from your payslip and press "Calculate my wage".

It will tell you your take-home pay per week, month and year and can do other time periods as well.
    The comments I post are my personal opinion. While I try to check everything is correct before posting, I can and do make mistakes, so always try to check official information sources before relying on my posts.
  • MovingForwards
    MovingForwards Posts: 16,917 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    https://www.thesalarycalculator.co.uk/prorata.php

This one does pro rata calculations.
    Mortgage started 2020, aiming to clear it in 2026.
  • Does the £22K represent an increase or decrease in your annual pay?

Calculator applications I have seen don't take account of changes mid-year. They will show you how much NI you will pay (as that depends on the individual payment) but tax would be affected by what has been the pay up to the time it changed to the £22K level.
  • Does the £22K represent an increase or decrease in your annual pay?

Calculator applications I have seen don't take account of changes mid-year. They will show you how much NI you will pay (as that depends on the individual payment) but tax would be affected by what has been the pay up to the time it changed to the £22K level.

The £22.000 is an increase from the start of October however its been my choice to drop to four days a week over winter making the £22.000 pro rata and not my actual yearly pay.

The main purpose of finding out is to make sure we dont get overpaid on tax credits
  • chrisbur
    chrisbur Posts: 4,051 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Does the £22K represent an increase or decrease in your annual pay?

It is true that calculators do not take into account mid-year changes; but that does not mean that they will always give the wrong answer, other than a few pence that often happens with them.
    Wrong answers occur when the change in earnings result in crossing from one tax band to another.
    For example earnings that were in the 40% tax band reduce so that the monthly income is now entirely in the 20% tax band. This will result in some of the 40% tax being converted to 20% tax and reducing the monthly tax figure. This reduction will not be accounted for with most calculators which will work on the basis of no 40% tax having been paid so far.
    If it goes in the other direction ie, earnings increase so monthly earnings now into the 40% band then most calculators assume this level of earnings for the full tax year and show some tax at 40% but PAYE takes account of any unused 20% tax band so it may be some time before any 40% tax is taken, possibly not until the new tax year starts.
  • nicnak66
    nicnak66 Posts: 57 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 21 October 2019 at 10:19PM
    SUMMARY

Earn £17,600 in 2019/2020 and you'll take home £15,002. This means £1,250 in your pocket a month.

Over the year you'll pay
    £892 income tax and £1,076 in National Insurance.

Pension £52.50 a month
    Or there abouts?

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/tax-calculator/?utm_source=homescreen
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills