MONEY MORAL DILEMMA: Should Alan give the laptop back?

1242526272830»

Comments

• JayD
    JayD Posts: 696
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Yes Alan should pay the difference or give the laptop back :)
  • Well, for those saying this would never happen in real life, I'm currently in a similar situation with an online purchase.

I've ordered something from a catalogue shop which was likely a mis-price as it is now on their website for approximately 20 times the price! However, they have taken payment and therefore I believe the legal position would support my claim to the item. Am I correct?

Their terms and conditions state that in the event of a mis-price they will contact me before the order is accepted to notify me of the change of price and that I'd have the right to either cancel the order or pay the increased amount. However, the order status on their website is "Order Accepted" and no effort has been made to contact me. So even by their own T&Cs, I seem to be in a position to receive the item at the price paid.

So, my question is: Legally, should they honour the sale?

I know people are going to question the morality but I'm afraid I'm of the mindset "It's a big company who have not always treated their customers fairly in the past". Judge not lest ye be judged!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure