Savings spreadsheet, anyone willing to share?

Heya, is there anyone here that has a savings spreadsheet for their different savings accounts that I could steal please? I have one of my own that I input in manually, but it'd be nice having a template of another person's that has formula that automatically calculates totals depending on input. Plus, I always find others' spreadsheets much better than mine , and useful for ideas :)

Anybody willing to share theirs if that's okay? A simple one would suffice

Comments

• ColdIron
    ColdIron Posts: 9,039 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    AceMoney, best $24 (now $40) I ever spent, there's a free Lite version with one account to see if you like it. Records far more than is practical in a spreadsheet, reports, charts etc

http://www.mechcad.net/products/acemoney/personal-finance-software-quicken-alternative.shtml
  • moneyfoolish
    moneyfoolish Posts: 681 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    You can register with Savings Champion and use their Rate Tracker option to set up your savings accounts and everything is automaticallly totalled. It is free and the site also shows you all the best savings rates.
  • cloud_dog
    cloud_dog Posts: 6,044 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Microsoft made MS Money freely available at the end of its life. You can still find MS Money 2005 UK version floating around if this would help.

I'm still running it, in fact couldn't live without it.
    Personal Responsibility - Sad but True :D

Sometimes.... I am like a dog with a bone
  • Lungboy
    Lungboy Posts: 1,953 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    cloud_dog wrote: »
    Microsoft made MS Money freely available at the end of its life. You can still find MS Money 2005 UK version floating around if this would help.

I'm still running it, in fact couldn't live without it.

I've tried that a couple of times but find it very very hard to initially set up as it's formatted for the US (sunset version). Is there a UK version?
  • jimjames
    jimjames Posts: 17,611 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Lungboy wrote: »
    I've tried that a couple of times but find it very very hard to initially set up as it's formatted for the US (sunset version). Is there a UK version?

Yes there is a UK version. If you found the US sunset edition then it's not the correct one
    Remember the saying: if it looks too good to be true it almost certainly is.
  • JustAnotherSaver
    JustAnotherSaver Posts: 6,709 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Just wondering why when the OP is seemingly talking about spreadsheets and templates others are responding talking about software.

I got the impression the OP was well aware of what's available out there but would like an actual template. I guess I misunderstood the question.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Hey heya justanothersaver, you are indeed right haha. However the posts above are useful particularly the tracker one !!!128522;!!!128522;
  • Terry98
    Terry98 Posts: 1,155 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 25 May 2018 at 2:28PM
    Lungboy wrote: »

You can download the UK 2005 version at the bottom of this page https://www.garethjmsaunders.co.uk/2011/11/27/download-microsoft-money-2005-for-free/
    I am running Windows 10 and have not had any problem using it!
  • cloud_dog
    cloud_dog Posts: 6,044 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Just wondering why when the OP is seemingly talking about spreadsheets and templates others are responding talking about software.

I got the impression the OP was well aware of what's available out there but would like an actual template. I guess I misunderstood the question.
    I suppose I was just surmising why reinvent the wheel, and therefore offered another option. If you go with a spreadsheet or someone else's spreadsheet then you need to be aware of formulas/calculations and whether the formula has been constructed correctly and or if you ever make changes to the spreadsheet might you break anything else.

Remember it is always important to look at the requirements not the solution.

I see that the moneymvps.org page is no longer available. If anyone is interested in MS Money 2005 UK version I have a copy, just PM me.
    Personal Responsibility - Sad but True :D

Sometimes.... I am like a dog with a bone
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family