IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

PCN Premier Park POPLA Appeal

Hi all, recently I received not one but two PCN's from the lovely people at Premier Park and as per the Newbies thread followed everything in requesting an appeal to POPLA. This is now where I am stumped as I'm not quiet sure what to say. The PCN states that the reason is Not Parked Wholly Within Bay. The vehicle was parked between two sets of parking bays and not in an area marked as a no parking zone or roadway, furthermore I was told several days before the first PCN is dated, by an employee of the operator that the location the vehicle was parked in was ok and not breaking any rules therefore several days later the vehicle was parked there and got a PCN. There are several areas in the car park not marked out at all as parking spaces with white lines but these are legal bays as well as areas next to blue badge areas that are also not marked but are legal spaces as well.

Please help!

Comments

• The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    The stickies tell you how to deal with this scammer.

This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, and another company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each year). They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P. for unprofessional conduct

Hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the HofC recently.

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind they will be out of business by Christmas.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,556 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    The best guidance for you can be found in post #3 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread.
  • Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    In the long run, you may need to provide photographic evidence to the Appeal service or court, so get some photographic evidence of the areas in question plus signs.

In the end, a private landowner can designate where you may park and it is not up to the motorist to decide that other areas seem clear, so why not park there. You have said that you have parked between two sets of bays which implies that this was not an area that the landowner designated for parking.

So maybe the ticketing guy needed more victims than the guy who said it was ok to make his quota.

As I said, photos of the signs and parking area to support your case may be required if it goes much further.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,349 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    This is now where I am stumped as I'm not quiet sure what to say.

Some Premier Park POPLA cases are won and some lost, but no-one PAYS!

Search for Premier Park POPLA and start your draft appeal and show us.

If the first PCN was a windscreen one, did they serve a Notice to Keeper at all?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • topcarp
    topcarp Posts: 39 Forumite
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Some Premier Park POPLA cases are won and some lost, but no-one PAYS!

Search for Premier Park POPLA and start your draft appeal and show us.

If the first PCN was a windscreen one, did they serve a Notice to Keeper at all?

Lets hope this is a winner then.

When you say draft appeal do you mean by using the headings on the POPLA Appeals website.

No it was a postal PCN, opening line, "We have issued PCN to a vehicle you have been named as driving".
  • topcarp
    Guys_Dad wrote: »
    In the long run, you may need to provide photographic evidence to the Appeal service or court, so get some photographic evidence of the areas in question plus signs.

In the end, a private landowner can designate where you may park and it is not up to the motorist to decide that other areas seem clear, so why not park there. You have said that you have parked between two sets of bays which implies that this was not an area that the landowner designated for parking.

So maybe the ticketing guy needed more victims than the guy who said it was ok to make his quota.

As I said, photos of the signs and parking area to support your case may be required if it goes much further.

I have plenty of photos of signs, areas where people can park that aren't marked out, and areas people cant park that aren't marked out as well.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,324 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    When you say draft appeal do you mean by using the headings on the POPLA Appeals website.
    No. Look for other recent Premier POPLA appeals on this forum and use them as your framework. Preferably work from those that were successful at POPLA. The NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #3 also has ready-made template appeal sections that you can more or less copy and paste.

Just make sure that anything you put into your draft has relevance to your case. Anything you don't understand, just ask.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,349 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    do you mean by using the headings on the POPLA Appeals website.
    No-one uses them here. Read post #3 of the NEWBIES thread, show us your draft.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • topcarp
    Hi guys where can I post my draft for you all to cast your eyes over, I have been away for a few weeks so not been able to complete my appeal.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,556 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Post it here, on this thread.

When looking at other PoPLA appeals threads you will have seen that many people post their draft appeal on their thread for review.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure