Our new Sky Haggling guide - please share your feedback

Comments

• 46.99 for fibre, line rental and anytime calls with £5 quid discount if i keep tv (legacy basic inc F1) which they would discount by £9.

told them just to cancel tv and id shop round for phone/bb in the hope they contact me with better deal

they did offer the phone and bb package above , with record facility on box but no tv package for £32.40 a month which is tempting but i lose F1 which is the only thing i really want sky for..

will see what happens
    Never pass up the opportunity to take a pee!:p
  • success with sky got FREE BROADBAND FOR 12 MONTHS i didnt the phone calls so had that taken offall im paying is line rental and as i have already paid this months bill next months bill be only just over £14 i be saving in total £6 a month i know don't sound much but it's a saving. edit i'm only with sky for broadband don't have tv with them
  • jrsga
    jrsga Posts: 93 Forumite
    Hello

I have 30 days to cancel my b/b contract following the price hike on b/b. ( i have no tv contract)

I have been offered £17.40 per month less an £18 credit to my account so for a year contract that is £15.90 a month, total £190.80

Can anyone say if that is any good/are people getting better?

thanks
  • My 12 months deal was up and was paying around £52 for the original bundle (£22, some discount already applied), line rental (£19), anytime calls (£8) and unlimited internet (£10). The previous deal i obtained was 10 months free internet so was paying £40 for ten and £49 for the last few. when i rang up i would have been happy with the same offer they gave me last year. but the adviser on the call said i was on the best deal and kept talking about the change in the industry and how he cant lower it anymore. went forward with cancellations, he put me on hold and then gave me a £5 discount, i said it wasn't enough and proceeded with cancellation. After a few minutes he rings back and offers £40 for 10 months and £55 for rest. I said i will only accept if its £40 for the whole 12 months, he said he cant do that.
    Next day i go on the live chat, to see what thy offer. They immediately offered 50% of everything except the anytime calls (£8). which came up-to £33.40 for 12 months. tried pushing my luck and asked for more discount as i have seen in many posts people have gotten 60-75% off and some credit. she said she couldn't offer any lower price. did not really want to play the long game with sky so accepted the offer. really pleased with the result. Excuse the vocabulary.
  • jrsga wrote: »
    Hello

I have 30 days to cancel my b/b contract following the price hike on b/b. ( i have no tv contract)

I have been offered £17.40 per month less an £18 credit to my account so for a year contract that is £15.90 a month, total £190.80

Can anyone say if that is any good/are people getting better?

thanks
    I talked to them this afternoon and couldn't get them to budge one iota on the BB/line rental and I have the boxsets TV as well so I'd say that that's not too shabby. I'm trying livechat (sigh) to see if I can get them to budge, if not I'll try a letter to Edinburgh again.
  • ratechaser
    ratechaser Posts: 1,674 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    I'm 10 months into a 50% off deal (only have Sky TV - BB and phone is with Virgin), and just got a letter from Sky saying they are extending this for another 18 months with no contractual tie in.

Sounds ok to me - I'm currently paying £78 a month for the full package (HD, movies, sports) plus 3 additional boxes. The optimist in me wants to think that they are throwing in the towel with me as they know I'll just go through the cancel and rejoin process in April.

But the pessimist in me says that maybe there are better deals on offer.

Anyone able to comment on/critique this deal? Is it worth haggling in april anyway, or am I about as good as I'll get?
  • nickc84
    nickc84 Posts: 36 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I would aim for 75%
  • Oakdene
    Oakdene Posts: 2,560 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Just a quick one, I cancelled TV via live chat on Tuesday morning & had the email from them saying 'We're sorry you're leaving' about half an hour later. From what I've read on here there should be offers in MySky on the website but there are no offers there, aside from a SkyQ upgrade...

How long does it take for the offers to appear there>?
    Dwy galon, un dyhead,
    Dwy dafod ond un iaith,
    Dwy raff yn cydio’n ddolen,
    Dau enaid ond un taith.
  • ossie
    ossie Posts: 354 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Oakdene wrote: »
    Just a quick one, I cancelled TV via live chat on Tuesday morning & had the email from them saying 'We're sorry you're leaving' about half an hour later. From what I've read on here there should be offers in MySky on the website but there are no offers there, aside from a SkyQ upgrade...

How long does it take for the offers to appear there>?

Try it on your Sky Box. That is where my discount showed up!
  • Oakdene
    Oakdene Posts: 2,560 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    ossie wrote: »
    Try it on your Sky Box. That is where my discount showed up!

Thanks. Where abouts on there?
    Dwy galon, un dyhead,
    Dwy dafod ond un iaith,
    Dwy raff yn cydio’n ddolen,
    Dau enaid ond un taith.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business