Mystery shopping thread 26 *please read the op first**please no client names or fees

Options

Comments

• Larac
    Larac Posts: 945 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Has anyone picked up one of the ESA twitter assignments? Picked up one to do for an 'experiment'. Looks like you can only pick up one round (max) at the moment. I have set up a separate twitter account as ESA want you to lock your account, which is a bit of a problem for me as doing GFK ones, which require your account to be unlocked. Whether this is worth the 'dosh' or not is debateable, but looks to be a cut and paste job and then do a print screen. Lets see if I can do it in the 30 mins ESA claim...
  • Miss_Terry_Shopper
    Options
    "Dear Terri

We have a simple assignment at Xtown (60 miles away)

If you can do it over the next few days we can pay (£ single figure) towards mileage costs, with an added bonus of (£ smaller sum).

"Dear allocator... Xtown is not the end of the world: but you can see it from there. My car does not run on fresh air, and I don't think I can summon the energy to cycle 120 miles at my age..... "
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 19 July 2015 at 2:56PM
    Options
    Larac wrote: »
    Has anyone picked up one of the ESA twitter assignments? Picked up one to do for an 'experiment'. Looks like you can only pick up one round (max) at the moment. I have set up a separate twitter account as ESA want you to lock your account, which is a bit of a problem for me as doing GFK ones, which require your account to be unlocked. Whether this is worth the 'dosh' or not is debateable, but looks to be a cut and paste job and then do a print screen. Lets see if I can do it in the 30 mins ESA claim...
    I'm hoping it should easily be done in 30 mins. With a locked account can send the lot out one after the other, then wait til the evening to check on them.

I imagine they'll all reply in minutes for the daytime ones. Might try to get the survey sorted on my lunch break.

With ESA train jobs, I assume they pay the postage on top? I haven't picked any as there's only 1 online, seems a lot of effort for 1. I guess if you pick 10 at a time it's worth it. The one I looked at it's not clear, where in my experience they are usually fairly clear with additional reimbursements - maybe that's why this one has not been taken
  • Larac
    edited 19 July 2015 at 9:37PM
    Options
    I'm hoping it should easily be done in 30 mins. With a locked account can send the lot out one after the other, then wait til the evening to check on them.

I imagine they'll all reply in minutes for the daytime ones. Might try to get the survey sorted on my lunch break.

With ESA train jobs, I assume they pay the postage on top? I haven't picked any as there's only 1 online, seems a lot of effort for 1. I guess if you pick 10 at a time it's worth it. The one I looked at it's not clear, where in my experience they are usually fairly clear with additional reimbursements - maybe that's why this one has not been taken

On the ESA train jobs they do normally pay postage and expect you to batch the ticket returns to make it more cost effective for the return. Yet to see the more local stations, but know they will return eventually as already asked about who has various rail card etc. If it goes on the past will be released in next couple of weeks.
  • Larac
    Options
    "Dear Terri

We have a simple assignment at Xtown (60 miles away)

If you can do it over the next few days we can pay (£ single figure) towards mileage costs, with an added bonus of (£ smaller sum).

"Dear allocator... Xtown is not the end of the world: but you can see it from there. My car does not run on fresh air, and I don't think I can summon the energy to cycle 120 miles at my age..... "

Know what you mean as often get invites for assignments 50 0r 60 miles away where the the fee does not cover the petrol. No thanks and really if you want to cover the assignments, please do cover the costs. Somebody will be 'mug' enough to cover it, so just let these ones float bye. Not worth worrying about IMHO. Life is too short...
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    My twitter hasn't had a single reply! Some are blatantly ignoring me and responding to all the 'horrible' tweets instead!

I was hoping for at least 1 reply!!!!
  • Dupin
    Dupin Posts: 17 Forumite
    Options
    My twitter hasn't had a single reply! Some are blatantly ignoring me and responding to all the 'horrible' tweets instead!

I was hoping for at least 1 reply!!!!

I haven't received a single reply either!!

I actually think that selecting the setting to "protect my tweets" prevents the company from seeing your tweet because they aren't following you - the help section for tweet protection says:
    "Protected Tweets may only be visible to your approved Twitter followers." and "@Replies you send to people who aren't following you will not be seen by those users (because you have not given them permission to see your Tweets)."
    But I don't use twitter that much so im not sure :P
  • Big_Graeme
    Big_Graeme Posts: 3,220 Forumite
    Options
    Note ESA have changed the job window for these too.
  • Dupin
    Dupin Posts: 17 Forumite
    Options
    Big_Graeme wrote: »
    Note ESA have changed the job window for these too.
    Not for me
  • Big_Graeme
    Big_Graeme Posts: 3,220 Forumite
    Options
    Dupin wrote: »
    Not for me

Email this morning said they had to be done at the weekend.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback