Mystery shopping thread 26 *please read the op first**please no client names or fees

Comments

• Nebulous2
    Nebulous2 Posts: 5,113 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I don't understand why you needed to phone them? The job just asks you to to post a question on FB or Twitter and see what the response was. "Was your query answered, yes or no" and if so was it answered, yes or no. No need for further phone calls or anything!

The brief is actually quite complicated depending on the client. This one said:- "If you are asked to follow/ send them additional information via private / direct message, then you must do as they ask in order to resolve your enquiry."

They asked for and I gave contact details and they phoned me - then passed me around the system. So an additional irony is that I was compensated for phonecalls I had never made.
  • thedogsmum
    thedogsmum Posts: 363 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    I don't understand why you needed to phone them? The job just asks you to to post a question on FB or Twitter and see what the response was. "Was your query answered, yes or no" and if so was it answered, yes or no. No need for further phone calls or anything!

I looked at an interesting one, yesterday. A (simple?!) phone call to ask a question BUT, if you don't get through, you have to leave it at least two hours before trying again AND, you need to keep trying as you can't report you couldn't get through!!
    Not seen before that you've basically got to keep trying until you get to speak to someone?
  • missymouse
    missymouse Posts: 747 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    sounds too much like hard work. Do you try to have days where you cut yourself off from it. It does take over a bit I think
  • Can someone please post the link for the alert for MS jobs - replaced my phone and have subsequently lost it - help!
  • missymouse
    missymouse Posts: 747 Forumite
    that would help me too. Didn't even know about that. thanks
  • thedogsmum
    thedogsmum Posts: 363 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    missymouse wrote: »
    sounds too much like hard work. Do you try to have days where you cut yourself off from it. It does take over a bit I think

I started mystery shopping when I retired, a good few years ago, to give me something to do. more than anything else. Over the years, I've weeded out the ones that are too much hassle - either the shop or the report - and stick with those that are useful to me e.g. food and drink.

I rarely post on this forum but have learnt a lot and found it to be invaluable in knowing which companies to stay away from etc., So, my thanks to those who do take the time to contribute; it is much appreciated.
  • Larac
    Larac Posts: 945 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    missymouse wrote: »

Agree with the DogsMum that after a while you work out which shops most suit you and avoid others. More picky now, so will not do low fee jobs, unless in the area and use as an infill or part of a circuit.

I find that I get breaks through holidays or when simply there is not a work around in the area. It good to take some sort of break as otherwise it can take over your life.
  • Tolteca87
    Tolteca87 Posts: 1,394 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    MF money showing in the bank for tomorrow - the 14th.
  • TractorGirl327
    TractorGirl327 Posts: 4,077 Forumite
    Larac wrote: »
    Agree - since these jobs are paying Jack Sh*T I will try to take the quickest and most convenient way to get an answer. I got a set of instructions which clearly had not been researched by GFK which asked you to send an email. The options you ended up with were a web chat or a phone call (I was supposed to send an email) When I queried it with them, they told me to take the most obvious path. These are quick and 'dirty' jobs and personally they dont justify printing out pages of briefs or questionaires as the fee simply does
    not justify it. An infill at best which saves you leaving the house but not one to waste too much effort in IMHO.

I did over 30 of them one Monday morning, pain in the !!! when most of them reply the same day (often within the hour) but you have to wait 5 working days - in other words until the *next* Monday - before you are allowed to submit the report.

Nice when the payment came through the other day though!!
    Can someone please post the link for the alert for MS jobs - replaced my phone and have subsequently lost it - help!
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3532457
    We’ve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why it’s been removed and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • Big_Graeme
    Big_Graeme Posts: 3,220 Forumite
    but you have to wait 5 working days - in other words until the *next* Monday - before you are allowed to submit the report.

Oh, that's changed from last year. You used to have to wait 5 days for a reply before you said they didn't reply but you could submit as soon as you got all the details.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback