Royal Mail Surveys rewarded with Stamps.

Comments

• A few weeks ago I had an email saying that I should soon be receiving a mailing from *a well known company*. The following day I received this mailing but it didn't show up on my account, then the following week I received an identical one. I phoned them and they said to wait and it will soon show up online. Today I have just had my third one delivered! Still not showing online and the first delivery was over 3 weeks ago, and supposedly only one was to be posted! Think I'm going to email them this time and ask again - it took forever to get through when I phoned them. Anyone else getting this?

I know that I shouldn't really quote myself, but I have today received a fourth mailing from this company. It's starting to feel like the mops and buckets in Disneys 'Fantasia'!!:rotfl:No reply to my email as yet, but I've read one of the replies above says they waited three weeks for TNS to get back to them!

Is no one else getting weekly mailings from a *entertainment subscription* company that they shouldn't be getting? Am I doomed to receive one a week forever?
    Jan NSD 4/15
    2015 Pay £7000 Off Debt No. 107 £566.51/£7000
  • tbrown.eu wrote: »
    Hello!

New to MSE, frequent visitor, first time poster!

Just received my first actual Survey pack, after training. However, I have a query RE: SMARTS. They come in a plastic wrapper, and after reading the manual / guide thoroughly, I still have a question - do I take them out the plastic when putting them into the relevant envelope, or do I leave them in the plastic? Such a simple thing, yet I don't know the answer!

Also, the stamps I received are brilliant. I am by no means a collector, however these are truly spectacular!

Thanks!
    Your question has already been answered. i.e. leave them in their wrappers.

However, just to elaborate a bit, if they were to be taken out of their wrappers they would lose their 4-letter IDs and we wouldn't know which was which!

And welcome to MSE as a poster. :wave:
    Are you for real? - Glass Half Empty??
    :coffee:
  • Your question has already been answered. i.e. leave them in their wrappers.

However, just to elaborate a bit, if they were to be taken out of their wrappers they would lose their 4-letter IDs and we wouldn't know which was which!

And welcome to MSE as a poster. :wave:
    You know, I didn't even consider that! Thinking about it, it does seem appropriate to keep them in the wrapper, as when you fill in the preparation page on the site, it confirms the ID - which is on the wrapper!

Whoops!

Thank you again! :-)
  • Saetana
    Saetana Posts: 1,542 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    wirewolf wrote: »
    Quick question - On my paper posting schedule for next week I have 2 letters, both saying add smart. But the online schedule doesn't say this, and it won't let me add one. Presumably the online schedule is the one to follow?
    Yes, always follow the online schedule when it comes to SMARTS as it is the most up to date. If the website will not let you add a SMART then the item is not supposed to have one :)
    2020 Wins:
  • wirewolf
    wirewolf Posts: 55 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Saetana wrote: »
    Yes, always follow the online schedule when it comes to SMARTS as it is the most up to date. If the website will not let you add a SMART then the item is not supposed to have one :)

Thanks for that.
  • madmum33
    madmum33 Posts: 635 Forumite
    Hi :)

I'm new to this, I've just had a phone call saying I've been accepted and will be starting training soon.... I was glad to find this thread with so much helpful information about what I'm getting myself into!

I live opposite a post office so I assumed this would be easy..... was I mistaken?
  • LE3
    LE3 Posts: 612 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 21 August 2013 at 4:17PM
    well, I had a phone call whilst I was on holiday from them - I guess it was to tell me I was moving onto the next stage but I'm not sure, I asked the guy to hang on a moment & in the 5 seconds I was passing the item over that I was holding to a friend, I either lost signal or he put the phone down ... never mind!

When I returned from holiday I had a package waiting with my first SMART in it & a jiffy bag to post - do I leave the folded piece of card & wadge of paper in the jiffy bag when I send it to Mrs Smith in Bolton (or whoever it was on the name label - I just made that up!)?

Secondly, I received a copy of Top Gear mag when I was away - I guess this is a recordable item as I don't normally receive that! (I finally found that I can add a "unsure what date it was received" so that's helpful!)
  • mumto2boys
    mumto2boys Posts: 7,993 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    madmum33 wrote: »
    Hi :)

I'm new to this, I've just had a phone call saying I've been accepted and will be starting training soon.... I was glad to find this thread with so much helpful information about what I'm getting myself into!

I live opposite a post office so I assumed this would be easy..... was I mistaken?

I've been doing it a few weeks now and it's pretty straight forward, I had to ask a couple questions on here but they always get answered pretty quickly, once you get the hang of it it's not difficult :)
    StayHome * StaySafe * BeKind
  • mumto2boys
    mumto2boys Posts: 7,993 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    LE3 wrote: »
    When I returned from holiday I had a package waiting with my first SMART in it & a jiffy bag to post - do I leave the folded piece of card & wadge of paper in the jiffy bag when I send it to Mrs Smith in Bolton (or whoever it was on the name label - I just made that up!)?

Secondly, I received a copy of Top Gear mag when I was away - I guess this is a recordable item as I don't normally receive that! (I finally found that I can add a "unsure what date it was received" so that's helpful!)

I leave the card and paper in when I send mine, but have received packets both with and without so think its up to you? I figure the weight is about right for the postage amount if I leave it in?
    StayHome * StaySafe * BeKind
  • anamenottaken
    anamenottaken Posts: 4,198 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    LE3 wrote: »
    well, I had a phone call whilst I was on holiday from them - I guess it was to tell me I was moving onto the next stage but I'm not sure, I asked the guy to hang on a moment & in the 5 seconds I was passing the item over that I was holding to a friend, I either lost signal or he put the phone down ... never mind!

When I returned from holiday I had a package waiting with my first SMART in it & a jiffy bag to post - do I leave the folded piece of card & wadge of paper in the jiffy bag when I send it to Mrs Smith in Bolton (or whoever it was on the name label - I just made that up!)? Yes, leave the folded paper in. They don't go to the trouble of putting paper in for you to take it out. However, when you receive such an item from another panelist you have some clean A4 paper to use.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure