Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Comments

• Enterprise_1701C
    Enterprise_1701C Posts: 23,409 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    I am spending this evening choosing a kitchen sink. Looks like we're going for the John Lewis one with the 20 year guarantee.

Just wondering what can actually go wrong with a kitchen sink:think::think::think:

They can crack, the plughole can come apart, and they can lose their shine.

Especially if they are anything like baths. We carefully put in a new bath when we did the bathroom, proper seal round it and everything. It was a new lightweight bath called a hippobath, was supposed to be crack proof. Guess what, it cracked, took me ages to persuade a new bath out of the suppliers (the manufacturers went bust), and the bathroom was never the same either.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • Serendipitious
    Serendipitious Posts: 6,446 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    I am spending this evening choosing a kitchen sink. Looks like we're going for the John Lewis one with the 20 year guarantee.

Just wondering what can actually go wrong with a kitchen sink:think::think::think:

It's the taps, or so I've heard. Be careful which taps you choose. Some don't have spare parts available and you have to get a whole replacement unit if one starts dripping. :eek:
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• P2TKL
    P2TKL Posts: 1,705 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    edited 17 April 2018 at 8:38PM

Especially if they are anything like baths. We carefully put in a new bath when we did the bathroom, proper seal round it and everything. It was a new lightweight bath called a hippobath, was supposed to be crack proof. Guess what, it cracked, took me ages to persuade a new bath out of the suppliers (the manufacturers went bust), and the bathroom was never the same either.

My new sink cracked but I spotted it before the fitter left. New sink was ordered and fitted without any problems. However a few months later I discovered my cream fragranite sink was stained and the stains won't come off. I would never recommend a cream sink to anyone
  • Tinyshoes
    Tinyshoes Posts: 29,014 Forumite
    B82_EB0_DC-422_B-404_C-85_C6-865_E167_BF3_C4.gif

I was lurking but this has really made me giggle. :rotfl:

Can remember a time when I used to make the top 3. :eek:
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier

Thank you
    It's the taps, or so I've heard. Be careful which taps you choose. Some don't have spare parts available and you have to get a whole replacement unit if one starts dripping. :eek:

No it's just a sink Seren

I've just been sorting stuff out tonight.

I've got 6 butter dishes:eek:
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • Serendipitious
    Yeah, that blasted word "normal" scrape into the reference range your "normal" your symptoms are not thyroid related. They seem have lost the concept of individuality and being optimal for that person. Free t3 below range according to my GP "doesn't matter" err thats the active hormone!

Fed up of the amount of times I have been offered anti depressant. So based exactly on what I say, they are prepared to write a prescription for something that is generally no better than a sugar pill, can come with increase risk of suicide, alters brain chemistry and can take years to come off of. Yet a blood test proves I have low ft3 and they won't give me what I need :cool: Mind boggling!

Are you still doing photography Westy?
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• Tinyshoes
    Tinyshoes Posts: 29,014 Forumite

I would recommend looking and comparing with this website TM. Both our bath and kitchen sink taps were sourced from here, same products that we had seen elsewhere but a lot cheaper for the same make.

Not sure if I would recommend the kitchen sink we got from them but it wasn't one of their more expensive ones.

https://www.tapwarehouse.com/

Didn't realise how local they were to us when we ordered the bath taps but they do deliver nationwide.
  • Serendipitious
    Tomorrow we have sunshine, it says. :D

Then it says for 2 hours between 6pm and 8 pm :rotfl:

• TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    Tinyshoes wrote: »
    I would recommend looking and comparing with this website TM. Both our bath and kitchen sink taps were sourced from here, same products that we had seen elsewhere but a lot cheaper for the same make.

Not sure if I would recommend the kitchen sink we got from them but it wasn't one of their more expensive ones.

https://www.tapwarehouse.com/

Didn't realise how local they were to us when we ordered the bath taps but they do deliver nationwide.

We are using our existing taps. They were just put on new next year:)

I'm having a ruthless chucking out session:eek:
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,917 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    We are using our existing taps. They were just put on new next year:)

I'm having a ruthless chucking out session:eek:

New next year?:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure