Working as a poll clerk.

It's the Local Elections soon. I've secured a days work as a poll clerk, simply contacted my local council, printed off application form, completed, and handed in at council office.
Just thought I'd pass information on.

Comments

• susiejq
    susiejq Posts: 154 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    I did my first stint as a Poll Clerk for the General Election last year. Extremely long day and you need to take food and drink for the whole time - in my case 6.16 am to 10.15 pm.
    I've just done my on-line training for the local elections at the start of May (£30 paid for doing it which is compulsory anyway).
    I'm thinking this will be a quieter election as the GE was totally crazy. May be a but boring but it's not hard work and I enjoyed it. Hope you do too.:beer:
    Nothing is truly lost until your mum can't find it!
  • susiejq wrote: »
    I did my first stint as a Poll Clerk for the General Election last year. Extremely long day and you need to take food and drink for the whole time - in my case 6.16 am to 10.15 pm.
    I've just done my on-line training for the local elections at the start of May (£30 paid for doing it which is compulsory anyway).
    I'm thinking this will be a quieter election as the GE was totally crazy. May be a but boring but it's not hard work and I enjoyed it. Hope you do too.:beer:
    Snap Susie. Last years General Election was my first time too.
    Yes, it is a long day but it's a one off, and once it's over it's over.
    From memory, I think I earned approximately £152 after tax deducted.
    I went to a training session in person on Monday (last year it was online by email) and I'm led to believe any expense/fee incurred in attending is part of the overall fee I'll eventually receive.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure