IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Private Parking Appeals Ltd

Options

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Don't forget the irony of your complaint. Every time the company is mentioned on a google high ranking site, more google juice flows that way.

So the angrier you get the better their site's ranking.

If you wanted Gladstines (see what I did there) to get more business then name them on a high ranking site.
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Don't forget the irony of your complaint. Every time the company is mentioned on a google high ranking site, more google juice flows that way.

So the angrier you get the better their site's ranking.

If you wanted Gladstines (see what I did there) to get more business then name them on a high ranking site.

Yes, the scammers, the odd ball solicitors simply don't understand the power of google, they cannot stop it

The odd balls being BWLegal, Gladstones and Wright Hassall in no particular order

Talk about stupidity ... unreal
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    beamerguy wrote: »
    Yes, the scammers, the odd ball solicitors simply don't understand the power of google, they cannot stop it

The odd balls being .............
    Talk about stupidity ... unreal
    Talking of stupidity.

Did you even read the post you quoted, never mind understand it?
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Quentin wrote: »
    Talking of stupidity.

Did you even read the post you quoted, never mind understand it?

back in fine form I see ??? don't be so silly
  • ohdearie
    Options
    For information I have no connection financial or otherwise with PPA and do not carry out any work for them. I remain amazed at the number of so-called complainants who seem to believe that running to this forum to bleat is both a reasonable and measured way of solving a simple problem when the effort they expend in doing so would have written several letters to PPA direct.

One has to ask whether all of these individuals were genuinely motivated (in that they have actually suffered poor service) or for whatever reason are far more interested in simply discrediting PPA? Let's face it, there are plenty of PPC's who would be glad to see PPA losing business just for starters.

Absolutely agree that people should challenge unfair private parking fines. Plenty of information on the forums to help people to do that and I would heartily recommend that help and information.

But I also think that people should be warned against any unscrupulous company taking their money and then failing to provide a service.
  • Pammy
    Pammy Posts: 267 Forumite
    Options
    Glad I came across this post.

I gather this appeals company has gone out of business so it's a shame they are still taking payments.

My boyfriend went though them 3 weeks ago and not heard a thing apart from a thank you for your payment automated message.

Looking at the company it was started by a group of people from this forum, so I gather anything could have happened with it being a small number of individuals.

We will have to get the money refunded but with them being recommended in old threads on here and other places, people will still use them and sit on their fines in hope this company will respond.

I know we could have done it ourselves blah blah blah but we didn't and hoped this company would action it.

Sadly not!
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    edited 3 July 2017 at 1:17PM
    Options
    Quote a few of these companies have come and gone, some with much acrimony.

But what readers must take on board is that there is no such thing as a free lunch, and having a PCN from a company such as PE for £19 is a free lunch.

You would pay a window cleaner that much.

It really is that simple.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 4 July 2017 at 1:19PM
    Options
    So why do people complain about getting no timely (or even any) response when they engage PPA? Not everyone who complains here is a sniper account setup just to bad-mouth PPA. In fact I'd be surprised if there are more than a handful of accounts that could be considered as such; a very small percentage.

If it's case of resourcing then surely PPA shouldn't take on a case (i.e. take payment) if they can't support it?

(Disclosure: I have no association with ANY company or body involved in the parking arena. I am merely a forum contributor. The idea behind PPA and similar companies is great - the reality of execution seems to be lagging behind the idea).
  • mum1205
    mum1205 Posts: 17 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I am in exactly the same predicament in that I have now had a letter from Gladstones threatening me with court action. I have telephoned and emailed PPA Ltd many,many times with no response. I paid for their service via the Parking Cowboys. I have contacted them and they claim to just run adverts for PPA Ltd despite assuring me that they would chase them up. Puzzled how they can do this if they are not affiliated to them in any way. My "case handler" told me that she had contacted DRP Ltd and informed them that any further contact should be made to herself at PPA Ltd. Because of this and not hearing anything from anyone I assumed my case was being dealt with.

If you go through the motions of starting a new appeal PPA Ltd make contact immediately. I don't believe they are in any way a genuine company and they have caused me extreme stress now with this solicitors letter.

The letter requests that I make payment to DRP Ltd. The original charge is from G24. I overstayed 12 minutes in a B&M car park last year and now they want £150 for the pleasure. I have contacted B&M who tell me they have no control over or ability to get this charge cancelled. What to do now please?
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    You need to start your own thread. (But read up the newbies FAQ thread near the top of the forum before you do)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure