• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,816
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    I couldn't resist :o

£336.54 in savings identified for April and paid off a CC :j[/QUOTE

Dont be :o
    Be :D
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Good lord, yes, thats **lots** of savings, well done!
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • edinburgher
    edinburgher Posts: 13,450
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Only :o because it could probably have waited til next week.

Am on the !!!!ing couch for what has been at least a fortnight. DD wailing and gnashing her teeth in her sleep.

Is killing us. Mrs E and I tense and frayed at the edges, can't exercise, relax or make a meaningful contribution to work :(
  • edinburgher
    Forumite
    £1.42 paid off a CC (S123 cashback and interest after monthly account fee).
  • Am on the !!!!ing couch for what has been at least a fortnight. DD wailing and gnashing her teeth in her sleep.

Is killing us. Mrs E and I tense and frayed at the edges, can't exercise, relax or make a meaningful contribution to work :(

:(

How old is DD now Ed? Hopefully this is something that can be written off as a passing phase?
  • edinburgher
    Forumite
    She'll be 3 in May, Squirrel. Unsure if it's final molars, anxiety brought on by her recent spell of sickness, or both?
  • Suffolk_lass
    Suffolk_lass Posts: 9,306
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    "What about cutting grass for old people FI"? There will be thousands more decrepit financially viable pensioners (including us) you could help for a small fee. And it is seasonal - you could have the winters away somewhere cheap then. My friend is currently in Malaysia, cycling and staying in cheaper places and has been doing this sort of trip for around 18 years after packing up his (DB Pension) CS job at 45.

I do not have any helpful suggestions re Miss E. We used to give DS Medised (think Calpol plus antihistamine) when he was little as it brought his temperature under control and sedated him, in the way that antihistamine does, drying up snot and everything. I know, I know, WWP (World's Worst Parents) - yes, card-carrying, T-shirt wearing members. The thing is, it works. They sleep, so do you, everyone is happier and get better quicker because they are sleeping better. Not a recommendation (better at wine than parenting, clearly), just a reference :eek:
    Save £12k in 2024 - #2 target is £5000
    OS Grocery Challenge 2024 16.02% spent or £480.73/£3,000 annual
    I also Reverse Meal Plan on that thread and grow much of our own premium price fruit and veg, joining in on the Grow your own thread
    My Debt Free Diary Get a grip Woman
  • edinburgher
    Forumite
    That's a good idea SL - I'd be quite happy to cobble together a bit of internet work, some outdoorsy stuff, savings hacks and probably some deals/arbitrage opportunities in areas where I have an interest. I do manage to make a reasonable amount of extra spondoolies for a middling civil servant :D

Ooh - Medised sounds dreamy - unfortunately they don't sell it any more? :eek: Apparently the equally dodgy sounding Dozol is available when she turns 6 ;) Judgement free zone here - we all have to sleep occasionally.

I think the worst of her cold may be over. When she woke this morning she was chirpy, laughing and affectionate. She insisted Mrs E make me a coffee, which she then helped Mummy carry up the stairs for me :A Time to get her night time confidence rebuilt! Ordered her little leotard and shoes for dance classes tonight - £33!! Daddy was found to grit his teeth and keep his mouth shut :rotfl:

In unrelated news, I am getting a Daddy day off in London on the 18th of April :j
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Lots of good news now, happily!

I went to ballet class when I was DD's age - my feet were so flat, I went to remedial lessons at a clinic, but I still couldn't walk properly - ballet sorted those muscles very soon, and it was only an ordinary local ballet school. Hope she likes it :)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,816
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    I loved my ballet classes.
    Also local but fab fun & lovely people.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback