Center Parcs guide discussion

Comments

• Take fire logs with you. CP charge £9.99 for 3 but Waitrose have them on offer atm in store for £1 each. Going to stock up ready for our visit in December.
  • The CP app has now been withdrawn as it ‘wasn’t providing an adequate service’. Bang go the discounts...
  • Darkus
    Darkus Posts: 1 Newbie
    I would love to a europarc but i am someone who gets stressed easy. The thought of having to organise door to door transport myself is frightening.
    Is there a way round this?
  • Hi I've just read your article "16 Center Parcs Tricks" which is great. We're going to Whinfell next month so will be trying some of these tricks. I did just try downloading the app though and I get a message saying App not available in your country or region. Should we have it available in the UK? Thanks
  • Ugi
    Ugi Posts: 3,760
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Two tips from our annual CenterParcs trips (all at Elvedon but should apply elsewhere):

Most lodges now have BBQ installations that take disposable BBQs (either the standard or large ones will fit). These are good to take with you because they are much cheaper in Sainsbury's than at the Park Marc.

Also, each lodge has a maximum occupancy of approx 2 x bedrooms (excluding infants).

If you are inviting day visitors but are not using all of your occupancy (for example if Gran has a double room to herself) then a day visitor can be included in your lodge guests and so does not need to pay. We have friends that live quite close and add one of the adults to our booking so we only need to pay 1 adult and 2 kids for them to visit for the day.

:beer: Ugi
  • ndf9876
    ndf9876 Posts: 404
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Anyone visiting Sherwood Forest this year - there is a massive Tesco about 15 minutes' drive away. If you bowl up early, typically they let you park your car in one of the laybys outside the lodge as the main car park is full.

So once the queues have died down, at about 4ish, you can drive out to Tesco, pick your shopping up, then come back and dump it at the villa before heading off to park. Minimum time wasted, maximum saving achieved :)
  • brian.deakin
    brian.deakin Posts: 2
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 25 July 2019 at 7:26AM
    I went with my family to Elveden forest Center parcs I was angry when I saw a bottle of Sarsons vinegar on sale for £1.90 the price of the same vinegar in a supermarket 80p

I would suggest visitors to Elveden forest consider the following alternatives

There is an Aldi store in Brandon

ALDI - 62 High Street - Brandon IP27 0AU
    5 miles from Centerparsand a Waitrose and partners at

5 Ways Roundabout, Barton Mills, Thetford IP28 6AE
    Hours:
    Open 24 hours Phone: 01638 712616
    8 miles from Evleden Centerparcs

additionally there is a farm shop
    Elveden Farms Ltd
    London Road
    Elveden, Thetford
    IP24 3TQ about a mile from Elveden

Please also consider collecting food from the two chip shops in Brandon we visited the Georges fish bar Address: Hereward Way, Weeting, Brandon IP27 0QN
    open to 9.30pm a very small shop but good fish and chips
  • BobbinAlong
    BobbinAlong Posts: 195
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Living close to CenterParcs Longleat, I know that bike thefts from there are frequent so take bike locks and use them.

For shopping we offer Morrisons, Lidl and Waitrose in Warminster 2 miles away plus a great chippy Star Fish Bar on The Broadway.
    In the opposite direction there is ASDA, Lidl and Sainsburys in Frome 4 miles away.
    Stonehenge and Bath and Salisbury are each only half an hour away - use Bath Park and Ride as traffic is awful but Salisbury is easy to park though P&R is currently free.
  • Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,267
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    The Dutch ones are well worth investigating:

https://www.centerparcs.com/gb-en/co_holiday-park-netherlands

Personal knowledge (many happy holidays) of Port Z!lande and Park Zandvoort - great facilities, great places to be, and great prices by comparison with the UK.
  • ndf9876 wrote: »
    Anyone visiting Sherwood Forest this year - there is a massive Tesco about 15 minutes' drive away. If you bowl up early, typically they let you park your car in one of the laybys outside the lodge as the main car park is full.

So once the queues have died down, at about 4ish, you can drive out to Tesco, pick your shopping up, then come back and dump it at the villa before heading off to park. Minimum time wasted, maximum saving achieved :)

Tesco New Ollerton is less than 15 minutes drive away.

The next nearest supermarkets are Morrisons Mansfield Woodhouse and Asda Forest Town.

Depending on which way you are arriving the nearest Aldi is at Rainworth near Mansfield.
    If you go down to the woods today you better not go alone.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback