Add your feedback on energy supplier Usio Energy

Options

Comments

• northwest1965
    Options
    markipad wrote: »
    Have you not had anything from FU since they took over from Usio? Surely your account has been set up by FU for you by now. I had the confirmation email from FU on 30th October. I instigated a switch away almost the same day (as soon as I had the confirmation from FU that I was on supply from them). Still no sign of balance from Usio, and no bills yet, but that’s the same for all of us, I think.

Sorry, yes the account has been set up, but foolishly thought that i needed to wait for the credit to appear before switching:o
    Loved our trip to the West Coast USA. Death Valley is the place to go!
  • busybee100
    busybee100 Posts: 1,530 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I sent off my first reads as requested and have now received an email suggesting both are wrong and the daytime figure should be 2000 units less than I reported.
    I've been told to photograph my meter seals and meter read and repeat in 7 days.:eek: I don't think it's me that's the criminal here!
    Fortunately I downloaded my bills from Usio which shows FU are behaving very badly.
    I've now signed up with Bulb as they have a £100 bonus (which ends today).
  • paulpa66
    Options
    Still awaiting a refund from usio via FU. Moved from them though as far too dear
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,507 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    We were sent an email nearly 4 weeks ago, telling us about the billing process, the first one of which concerned the Usio account. No sign of anything -suspect the Usio systems were a complete mess!!!
  • beefturnmail
    Options
    Just got a nice early xmas present - a bill from Usio! Sadly it is a complete fiction: The electricity use is massively overestimated (though this is actually to my advantage), and the Gas bill is 15p (1 day standing charge) despite the fact I was with Usio for over 3 months...
  • brewerdave
    edited 21 December 2018 at 5:46PM
    Options
    Just got a nice early xmas present - a bill from Usio! Sadly it is a complete fiction: The electricity use is massively overestimated (though this is actually to my advantage), and the Gas bill is 15p (1 day standing charge) despite the fact I was with Usio for over 3 months...

As a contrast my proposed leccy bill up to 18th October isn't far out. Yes, they have overestimated the usage-but only by ~ 30kwh - as per previous post it's to my advantage by ~£1.30.:)
    The only potential downside is if they use the higher usage to dispute my final reading given to OneSelect when I left in late November.
    We shall no doubt see in the fullness of time:rotfl:
    Don't know how they are going to handle the fact that the industry verified start reading for 3rd November is 30kwh less than the Usio bill!!
  • markipad
    Options
    Also just received "Final Energy Statement" from Usio. I am reasonably happy with electricity, as it is only 3 kWh out, by my reckoning, for the stated period of 22 September to 18th October.

The gas, like yours, is only showing 15p - representing 1 day's standing charge - for 22nd September. Why only 1 day? They are not showing ANY meter readings for gas, so I have no way of knowing whether to accept this or not.

This would appear to be just the first of several bills, but at least my credit balance is shown on this bill, and I do not owe any money at this stage!
  • busybee100
    busybee100 Posts: 1,530 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    At last. Final bill from Usio. Looks ok, enough credit for FU so shouldn't hold up my switch. Hoping for some stability for a few weeks then I'll check again once I've used the Bulb credit up.
  • beefturnmail
    Options
    markipad wrote: »

The gas, like yours, is only showing 15p - representing 1 day's standing charge - for 22nd September. Why only 1 day? They are not showing ANY meter readings for gas, so I have no way of knowing whether to accept this or not.

Since it's happened to both of us, I suspect it is intentional in some way - though to cover myself I've e-mailed both Usio administrators and FU to point out that the bill is clearly incorrect.

FU replied pretty smartish suggesting I e-mail photos of any meter readings. This I have, but not playing that card yet, as when a sensible Gas estimate is provided it might be to my benefit, like the electricity currently is...
  • brewerdave
    Options
    No sign of the proposed bill/carry forward credit on my FU account pages -still all blank other than the verified start read!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure