IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

ECP - 25mins over - appeal failed

Hi.

I think what you guys are doing here is wonderful.

Unique situation here has the car is owned by my friend who I pay monthly so I could get a mortgage, when she got the pcn I had no choice but to admit I was driving as I didn’t want her to go through all this

My appeal was simple. I arrived on site at 17:06, left at 19:31 and paid for a two hour ticket ad 19:13. When I got back to my car my phone wasn’t charged so I had to wait 15 mins for my sat Nav. I didn’t know where I was going and I didn’t realise there was npr.

Today my appeal failed. I want to make sure my appeal to popla is successful and would appreciate all help available.

Signage was clear. They’ve sent a pic of my number plate.

Any advice appreciated. I’m worried I’m going to be one of those 1% who has to pay :(

Comments

• fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 5,981
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    If that was your appeal point for goodness sake don't use that at POPLA!

"Signage was clear"

Was it?

"I didn’t realise there was npr."

Well the signage wasn't clear was it then was it?
    It's up to them to prove that!

You need to now formulate a POPLA appeal by research on here not what happened, forget your sat nav excuses etc it's got to be procedural, signage technical etc etc

If this is Euro Car Parks why on earth would you consider paying them a bean?
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    All advice on popla is to be found in the Newbies FAQ thread near the top of the forum

See #3 there
  • Bentles
    Bentles Posts: 12 Forumite
    Hi. I!!!8217;ve found a few sample letters I could use. The only problem here is that I!!!8217;m the driver, not the registered keeper, as explained to ecp. Ecp have now issued me the appeal rejected letter asking me to pay? In this instance how would I lead with my popla appeal?
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,433
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Look at other PoPLA appeals and formulate your own.

Have you read post #3 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread yet, as suggested by Quentin earlier?

There are plenty of appeal points linked from that post.
  • Bentles
    Bentles Posts: 12 Forumite
    I’m just struggling a bit with being the driver not the registered keeper
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Then you cannot use any of the "no keeper liability" defences.

You still have all the other non keeper related defence points to consider using
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    As you assert the signage was clear then how much bigger than the minimum standard was the small print?

What does the landowner contract say about cancellation? You must have read it.

What grace period do they allow? Is it in line with the code of practice?

Have they followed the code of practice to the letter?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,645
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 11 May 2018 at 7:39PM
    Bentles wrote: »
    I'm just struggling a bit with being the driver not the registered keeper

Why?

People do POPLA appeals here all the time here when they've blabbed about who was driving, and the template POPLA points in post #3 of the NEWBIES thread apply, except the one about 'no keeper liability'. And if a person loses at POPLA here, they just ignore the eejits; no-one PAYS!

I'd expect you to use three of our standard template points. Obviously no PPC signs are 'clear'.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Tarambor wrote: »
    Nice to see you telling people to make fraudulent claims and representations.....

Seems to be a theme on this board.

!!!!!! are you on about? If you assert at POPLA the signs aren't clear then all the ppc has to do is show they are. That's how the law works, you are entitled to a defence.

They never are clear so people win. It's entirely lawful and isn't misrepresentation or fraud.
  • Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    waamo wrote: »
    !!!!!! are you on about? If you assert at POPLA the signs aren't clear then all the ppc has to do is show they are. That's how the law works, you are entitled to a defence.

They never are clear so people win. It's entirely lawful and isn't misrepresentation or fraud.

So no one would ever lose at POPLA then?

You have to do more than say the signs were not clear or up to standard. You have to have some photographic evidence.

As coupon-mad says, you need to add the other relevant technical points as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure