PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Knitters Thread

Comments

• cuddles123
    cuddles123 Posts: 1,381 Forumite
    Orkney that is really beautiful. Gorgeous colours.

Well done you.
    :oJack of all trades ... Master of none :o
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    Orkney that is beautiful, those colours look stunning:T
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • cuddles123
    Just finished my first jumper.
    Self patterning yarn and shoulder opening as requested.
    First time picking up stitches.

th_100_7080.jpg

th_100_7081.jpg
  • berrybug
    berrybug Posts: 54 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    cuddles123, That jumper is lovely i really like the colours well done

orkneystar well done too that shawl looks great wish i could knit as fast as you. I have started a v neck jumper size 22 chest so far so good maybe fun when it comes to picking up neck stitches , it must be about 25 years since i done a v neck fingers crossed!!!!
    I pray for patience as strength might just get me in trouble !!!!
  • NannyJanny
    NannyJanny Posts: 173 Forumite
    Also Wow! That jumper is so cute. I can't believe it's your first jumper. What's next?

NJ
  • cuddles123
    Not sure yet.

Been knitting squares to practice increase and decrease and now knitting a little thing with a heart on.

Plan to knit the jumper again in a plain blue so that the Guernsey pattern will show up.
    See if I can cope with pattern and shaping!

Need to send the jumper to my daughter and get feedback re sizing first though.
    Have sent the circular hat and now waiting for feedback so may make a hat to match the jumper.
  • jennyjelly
    jennyjelly Posts: 1,708 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Hi all

I've been knitting for years, make great socks, jumpers, toys etc, but my one and only attempt at lace was absolutely disastrous.

It's taken me a while to pluck up the courage to have another go and I really would like to get it right this time.

So can anyone recommend a really REALLY simple and quite small pattern to start with? I think I was a bit optimistic last time as I tried to do lace socks, so maybe something like a little basic scarf would be better.

Thanks

JJ
    Oh dear, here we go again.
  • NannyJanny
    Hello,

I haven't done a lace pattern for many years. Ravelry web site have thousands of patterns (many free). If you do advanced search, you can specify garment, yarn, difficulty etc. Beware, it takes hours out of your life once you start looking. It's compulsive viewing.

NJ
  • Hi

I read this thread whenever I log on to MSE but rarely post but today I am feeling excited because tomorrow I'm going to the Stitch & Craft Exhibition at Kensington Olympia and a whole floor is dedicated to knitting & crochet. I can't wait to see all the new wools etc and I have been saving up so have some money to spend .. whoopee!
    Snowball DF Nov 2017
    Jan 2011 MBNA £2634.66 Feb £2608.37 Mar £2561.86
  • NannyJanny
    Hope you're taking a shopping trolley (or two)! Have a great day. Never been, despite visiting London many times a year. (My son lives there). I'm sure all on this thread will be interested in your feedback.

NJ
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure