UK address but based in Hungary?

13»

Comments

• lstar337
    lstar337 Posts: 3,441 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    If you put yourself in the buyer's position, would you be happy that the law lets the seller get away with an attempted delivery?
    Well personally, If I had missed 3 delivery attempts and then failed to make any attempt at a collection, then I would not try to punish the seller with a INR.

That's not much different to buying a collect only item, not collecting, and forcing a INR claim.
    Hopefully it is all received and you don't get any further issues.
    Yeah I hope so. This is the first time I have encountered this type of thing.

I assume that most people are eager to get hold of the things they buy online (like I always am), but maybe some people just have so much money that they aren't fussed about making sure they get items ASAP.
  • lstar337
    Just an update on this as I was snooping through my eBay account the other day.

Even though PF tried to deliver 3 times, and I finally had contact with the seller to say he would collect it from the depot himself, I just noticed he marked it as 'late delivery' with eBay.

What a total prat.

Luckily it doesn't seem to have affected my account much as I am still rated as an above average seller.

It's just really annoying that they would do that, especially when they know it was 100% their own fault.
  • kangoora
    kangoora Posts: 1,193 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    You could probably ring Ebay CS and get the neg removed if you explain what happened. Not too sure if they will but worth a try.
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    lstar337 wrote: »
    Just an update on this as I was snooping through my eBay account the other day.

Even though PF tried to deliver 3 times, and I finally had contact with the seller to say he would collect it from the depot himself, I just noticed he marked it as 'late delivery' with eBay.

What a total prat.

Luckily it doesn't seem to have affected my account much as I am still rated as an above average seller.

It's just really annoying that they would do that, especially when they know it was 100% their own fault.

The delivery late mark will have been picked up by eBay's systems. You can challenge it very easily if the collection/drop off track is within the time (ie if you say dispatch within 2 days and you do and the scan shows that) you will get the late mark removed.

kangoora wrote: »
    You could probably ring Ebay CS and get the neg removed if you explain what happened. Not too sure if they will but worth a try.

Perhaps I can't see for looking but I can't see any mention of negative feedback?
  • kangoora
    kangoora Posts: 1,193 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Apologies, meant late delivery mark as opposed to neg FB
  • lstar337
    The delivery late mark will have been picked up by eBay's systems. You can challenge it very easily if the collection/drop off track is within the time (ie if you say dispatch within 2 days and you do and the scan shows that) you will get the late mark removed.
    It wasn't picked up by eBay.

There is no mark in the "Tracking indicates late delivery" column, but there is an orange mark in the "Buyer says late delivery" column.

This is why it is so annoying to me. The buyer screwed up by missing the delivery 3 times (he even told me he is hardly ever home), and then took ages to collect from PF depot. Then he has gone out of his way to tell eBay that the item was late. Who even does that?

I doubt I will bother to get it removed, I'm still above average rated so that's fine with me.
  • epm-84
    epm-84 Posts: 2,723 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    That's crazy. eBay are a law unto themselves!

Indeed they are. I once sent to an Argos Click + Collect point, the buyer didn't bother to collect it and Argos didn't return it me but the buyer was allowed to request a refund. I eventually managed to get eBay to come to a resolution - they would refund the buyer and take the issue up with Argos.
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    It wasn't picked up by eBay.

There is no mark in the "Tracking indicates late delivery" column, but there is an orange mark in the "Buyer says late delivery" column.

This is why it is so annoying to me. The buyer screwed up by missing the delivery 3 times (he even told me he is hardly ever home), and then took ages to collect from PF depot. Then he has gone out of his way to tell eBay that the item was late. Who even does that?

I doubt I will bother to get it removed, I'm still above average rated so that's fine with me.

Get onto eBay then. If you have a collection/drop off scan within the timescales you will get it removed.

Or you can just moan.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport