'The Ordinary' skincare products

Comments

• maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,985 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    suki1964 - that is great news.

I have been genetically blessed with good skin and received compliments all my life, I appreciate my good luck. I am a skin care junkie and at my advanced age feel I need to use many products to maintain good skin, but the thing that made a huge difference is double cleansing with some form of hot cloth removal.

I have been battling ill health for about 5 years, which has been ageing, but the money I no longer spend on hobbies and interests is well spent on my skin care, as I use things up I will try some of The Ordinary range to see what might work for me.

Look forward to further reports if you feel able.
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • suki1964
    suki1964 Posts: 14,313 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Maddie, I've used hot cloth cleansing for must be coming on for 20 years

I've tried so many, always gone back to Liz Earle as it has been the only one I've never reacted to

As a teen and younger woman my face was an oil slick, seriously I could produce enough oil to keep a small country heated. But back in the 70/80's skincare was so much harsher. Don't think people realised the more drying a product the more oil produced. It was using Liz Earle that made my skin so much better. Then I heard about the oil cleansing, started that and wow, my oil production really eased up

However the Seb Derm has been the bane of my life. It really got bad in my 40's. So many doctors were treating me for roseacea which wasn't helping at all. I finally got a referral to a dermatologist when one morning I woke and it looked like I had been in a fire and insisted I saw a doctor that morning so they could see it was no trivial matter

The steroid does help, but that thins the skin causing the skin to tear so I use it very sparingly. Funnily enough the thing that has improved matters the most up to this point has been no longer colouring my hair

I'm glad you liked my review. As I say I'm no expert in skin care or modern products so The Ordinary may not be that special at all compared to what else is out there, but for the price it may just be worth a try

The best bit so far is my face isn't sore getting out of the shower. Up until this week I've had to slap on the moisturiser the minute I've got out else my face would just tighten and the skin would crust across my eyebrows and chin, that's not happening

One other thing I have to mention which makes my skin go haywire, is that for the past ten years I've worked in extremes of tempetures. Until recently I was a chef and believe me, the heat in a kitchen would knock you out. Since my health has deteriorated I can no longer safely work in a kitchen so now I work in a vegetable processing plant. That's unheated ( been minus in there most of this winter) and it's a very wet atmosphere. My poor face has really taken a battering
  • Kim_kim
    Kim_kim Posts: 3,726 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I!!!8217;m becomming addicted! These are my purchases so far.

NIOD
    sanskrit saponins
    myrrh clay
    copper amino isolate serum 2:1
    multi-molecular hyaluronic complex
    hydration vaccine

HYLAMIDE
    high efficiency face cleaner
    booster, glow
    booster, low-molecular ha
    booster, sensitive
    ha blur

THE ORDINARY
    aha 30% + bha 2% peeling solution
    alpha lipoic acid 5%
    Buffet
    caffeine solution 5% + egcg
    high-adherence silicone primer
    high-spreadability fluid primer

THE CHEMISTRY BRAND
    hand chemistry
  • PoppyTaylor
    PoppyTaylor Posts: 55 Forumite
    Wow suki1964, that's great that the products are working so well for you and so fast as well! I am definitely going to purchase the Buffet as several people have recommended it and I might actually try the primer now too! Thank you!
  • suki1964
    suki1964 Posts: 14,313 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Definitely try the buffet. It's cheap enough that if you don't get fantastic results, no harm done

For me it's working well

No visible flakiness, no tight skin, face feels smooth and looks plumper, not from weight gain :)

Seriously I used to come in from work and jump in the shower and my hands dragged across my face, now they glide

I did notice a bit of a sting from the acid last night but can't see any damage so I'll use it again tonight
  • Kim_kim
    suki1964 wrote: »
    Definitely try the buffet. It's cheap enough that if you don't get fantastic results, no harm done

For me it's working well

No visible flakiness, no tight skin, face feels smooth and looks plumper, not from weight gain :)

Seriously I used to come in from work and jump in the shower and my hands dragged across my face, now they glide

I did notice a bit of a sting from the acid last night but can't see any damage so I'll use it again tonight

I love the buffet and the caffeine and niod Sanskrit sapions.
  • PoppyTaylor
    If it even slightly helps my dry skin I will be pleased!!
  • PoppyTaylor
    Do you use the caffeine solution around your eyes Kim kim ?
  • Kim_kim
    Do you use the caffeine solution around your eyes Kim kim ?

Yes, generously around. All over the lid, right up over the brows. Under the eyes and out to the upper cheekbones.
  • Cocothecat
    Cocothecat Posts: 21 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Try decleor micellar cleansing oil.
    It’s amazing.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts