Do One, Debt!

Comments

• GoingToDoIt
    GoingToDoIt Posts: 491 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    I'm still trying not to beat myself up for the recent overspend, it's hard though!
    I only paid £54 off hulifax this month, instead of the £210 I had hoped. Money is still a bit up in the air as the new holiday saver took £100 but I already sent £100 to the old holiday account. Am thinking of leaving it there so that it's "squirrelled" until the end of the month. Also keep reminding myself that I will do some money earning after this week :)
    Swaggy is up to 500+ awaiting 1500, so almost £15, inbox£ is nearly £12, p!necone is at £7, tcb stuck at £31 awaiting £35, I have some bay of e to do. So far £22 earned from bank acct payments this year. Yougov is going well, I see why it is a slow burn but slow and steady will be worth it when I get to £50!
    Jan 20 - NST challenge
    Jan 20 0%cc debt 7700/7700
  • GoingToDoIt
    First Anniversary
    Still trying to keep spending down. Did a Mr Ts delivery shop as I have decided to join weightwatchers - and so needed lots of bits and heavy stuff. Long weekend of meal planning ahead!
    Cashed out £5 on swaggy and sent it straight to hulifax cc. Have sold one thing on the bay and may sell one or two more, might make £7. Is amazing how happy I feel at making little bits of cash!
    Just realised that the hulifax 0% ends in Aug, so that means I have 3 months to pay it off at £250 per month :)
    Ordered a heap of clothes but only keeping 1 dress, cost £20 in the sale, and a pair of shoes £10
    Ordered a 6 month supply of contact lenses, money squirrelled so no worries there.
    Jan 20 - NST challenge
  • GoingToDoIt
    First Anniversary
    Been concentrating on good habits. Was feeling a bit down that I can't save more for the future, and was trying to find a positive. Then I realised that I am actually paying £160 per month into my pension scheme. And if that's not saving for the future, what is! I think it can just be annoying thinking that if I wasn't paying debt, I could be saving (even that's an improvement- years ago I never saved beyond xmas/holiday)
    Trying to jolly myself up by earning money. Bay sales are looking healthy, almost £40 there. Cashed in £5 swaggy, £6 p!necone, £31 tcb so there will be nearly £80 earned and will all be sent to hulifax cc debt.
    Not a lot of cash left as we get to the end of the month, and the money is all still a bit mixed up. I'm hoping to budget and meal plan a bit better from May pay. I started weightw@chers so I need to plan!
    Jan 20 - NST challenge
  • GoingToDoIt
    First Anniversary
    edited 6 May 2017 at 2:30PM
    Sent £40 of side earnings to the hulifax cc, feeling really good - why is it that I really feel excited that I "earned" it?! There is really some kind of immediate gratification with cashing out from a side hustle.
    I realised that my xmas/bday fund is still about £150 better off than it should be, but I am not touching it. Unexpectedly invited to a wedding in August, so the extra funds can be used for that :)
    Bay sales are a bit annoying - one collection only item sold, of course the person didn't realise it was collection only. It would cost 2-3 times the price they paid to post it to them. Another item still on sale, highest bidder "made a mistake" three days ago when they bid on it and wants me to take their Bid off? V annoying as this is an expensive item. Still a few hours left on it and it has a lot of watcher so fingers x'd :mad: annoyed Gonna!
    Jan 20 - NST challenge
  • Poor_Single_lady
    Poor_Single_lady Posts: 1,527 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    How is weight watchers going. I hope it works for you. And hope the eBay works out. Sounds stressful. xx
    2017- 5 credit cards plus loan
    Overdraft And 1 credit card paid off.

2018 plans - reduce debt
  • Orange_Ena
    Orange_Ena Posts: 1,297 Forumite
    Is amazing how happy I feel at making little bits of cash!

Haha I love this and can totally identify with it. 10p survey? Brilliant. FInd 2p on the ground? Best day ever :rotfl: But it all adds up :D

Hope the eb@y items continue to sell well gonna :)
    Debt Apr 15 - £6895.44 :( Apr 17 - £2500 :) Dec 17 - £560 :) July 18 - £199 :D
    CHEFS challenge (Cruise Holiday Entirely Funded by Surveys) - £685.79
    Every penny is a prisoner :D
  • GoingToDoIt
    First Anniversary
    Thanks Ena and PSL
    I'm doing a "soft start" to ww, that is I am starting to work out points and recipes but am not tracking everything for another two weeks. Experience tells me that the short sharp shock approach will fail, so I'm easing in to it.
    Sold £20 on the bay and sent that to hulifax. It was disappointing that £30 worth of sales cancelled. I will list them again. The £35 I was waiting on from tcb has just cashed out, so that can go to hulifax cc as well in a few days, so swings and roundabouts I suppose!

I just added up how much I spent in supermarkets since last payday, only £80! Less that £20 per week is not bad at all. I'm going to have to think a bit harder about where all my money is going :D
    Jan 20 - NST challenge
  • Orange_Ena
    Orange_Ena Posts: 1,297 Forumite
    Gosh that's a brilliant supermarket spend. Well done on denying them your hard earned :D
    Debt Apr 15 - £6895.44 :( Apr 17 - £2500 :) Dec 17 - £560 :) July 18 - £199 :D
    CHEFS challenge (Cruise Holiday Entirely Funded by Surveys) - £685.79
    Every penny is a prisoner :D
  • GoingToDoIt
    First Anniversary
    edited 17 May 2017 at 10:41PM
    £25 item sold on the bay and £10 cashed out on swaggy. Both sent to the hulifax cc with a payment of £250 :D die hulifax!!!

I had a lovely day feeling like a rich adult with around £700 just sitting in my account. It's now down to just under £250 for the month :( I need to stay grounded. This month has to be cheap as the next few will not be.

Think I will leave that baying alone for a while, until I can be bothered/get desperate:rotfl: Bought a new backpack last week as mine had fallen apart. Used dibs points so only paid £17

Cashed out £5 in amazon vouchers on a random site I got suckered into. Almost got accepted for a f2f group but just missed out.

Contents insurance renewal due next month- already have the cash saved to pay it for the year (smug)

I have been saving the earnings from my bank accounts, it is already over £30. I am trying to leave it alone for as long as possible, I'm due a new passport in 2 years so it can pay for that!
    Jan 20 - NST challenge
  • GoingToDoIt
    First Anniversary
    edited 27 May 2017 at 3:28PM
    I'm back on for the f2f next week! So hopefully that's £50.
    I know that I've probably blown the budget for the month already, I'm actually putting off looking at the bank accounts...not good.
    I've applied for a Cc from Mr T supermarket. It is free to do a balance transfer and 0% for 2 years. I've already arranged for hulifax to move over and once the card arrives, I'm going to move v!rgin over as well. This will consolidate all of my 0% debt at no cost, and extend it's life by 18 months. I've been moaning for a while that I want to reduce my payments and now I am in a position to do it. I will be paying around £150 a month for the next two years. I also went via tcb and earned £30!
    I've got over £1k saved in pots and I'd like to save a bit more as well, I won't just be splurging cash I hope! I think I'm just financially a bit better than last year and I want to be able to relax a bit, and I'm really enjoying having money available for anything that springs up. I'm also going to be spending more on food in terms of doing ww, for example prepped veg. I know it's cheaper to do it yourself but I don't have the energy, SMS either with shopping for salad and fruit.
    Had a clothes clear out and have some more items to bay in a few weeks when the mood takes me.
    Y@ugov is at just over a tenner, swaggy is just pennies and inbox has only just got to £14. Had a bit of a break from them over the past week as was getting a bit fed up.
    Jan 20 - NST challenge
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family