BarclayPlus Account Closed?

Options
in January 2018 i received a letter from Barclays saying that they were closing My BarclayPlus Account with no Reason. There was a credit Balance of £2,602.36 and i went into the branch to withdraw that and i was told that my account was in review and no money could be touched in the account, So i called Fraud Investigations and they told me that The Funds in the account were fraudulent and where not mine!! I Then recieved an email 3 days later saying that i was aloud £95.98 Of the funds and the account will then be closed with immediate Impact. So i visited the branch same day, With My Passport and Bank Statements to then be told that the picture did not look like me! Baring in mind i went on holiday about 2 months ago with it no issues, I Then asked for the manager who had no issues Authorising it with no questions and then it was closed and i had PART of the funds in my account.

What i want to know is if i can go in the branch and open another BarclayPlus Account with it being a 13 Year Old Account, The only Requirment for the System to bring it up on their Offers is Being Under 16, no credit Checks EC..
Can i just go into A Different Branch and Tell them im not and have not been an existing customer and hope they do not look?

Thanks

Comments

• JuicyJesus
    JuicyJesus Posts: 3,830 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Where did this £2,600 odd come from?

Banks are all centralised, they'll be able to see that you've had a Barclays account before wherever you go.
    urs sinserly,
    ~~joosy jeezus~~
  • KienanRyan2004
    Options
    I Sold a phone and a Macbook on FaceBook, Sent them the messeges as proof and them saying it was recieved
  • GTR_King
    GTR_King Posts: 1,794 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Oooh they must of given you Dodgy money that's why account is closed and you can't access the money...

Did they give you cash or bank transfer?
  • KienanRyan2004
    Options
    it was Bank Transfer into the account
  • GTR_King
    GTR_King Posts: 1,794 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Sounds like they sent you dodgy money that's why they closed the account and took all the money...

Even if you prove to them how you got the money etc they won't give it back to you if it's Illegal

So they got free Phone and MacBook whilst sending you illegal money should of used Paypal allot safer

Best thing to do is check if you got a CIFAS Marker and cut your losses
  • JuicyJesus
    JuicyJesus Posts: 3,830 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    GTR_King wrote: »
    Sounds like they sent you dodgy money that's why they closed the account and took all the money...

Even if you prove to them how you got the money etc they won't give it back to you if it's Illegal

So they got free Phone and MacBook whilst sending you illegal money should of used Paypal allot safer

Best thing to do is check if you got a CIFAS Marker and cut your losses

It's still worth providing the evidence to Barclays and reporting to ActionFraud what's happened, although I agree the outcome is not going to involve getting the money back.

I will say that selling expensive items like MacBooks and iPhones as a 13-year-old is really weird and I'd steer well clear of doing such things as you put yourself in a very vulnerable position doing so - a very costly lesson here.
    urs sinserly,
    ~~joosy jeezus~~
  • Shakin_Steve
    Shakin_Steve Posts: 2,701 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    JuicyJesus wrote: »
    It's still worth providing the evidence to Barclays and reporting to ActionFraud what's happened, although I agree the outcome is not going to involve getting the money back.

I will say that selling expensive items like MacBooks and iPhones as a 13-year-old is really weird .
    Err...no....the account was/is thirteen years old. :D
    I came into this world with nothing and I've got most of it left.
  • KienanRyan2004
    Options
    No, Shakin Steve, I Am 13, not the account :rotfl:
  • Chino
    Chino Posts: 2,029 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    In which case, don't you have a parent, a guardian or even a teacher responsible for your pastoral care at school who could assist you?

Taking the advice of random unknown posters on an internet forum rarely ends well.
  • Shakin_Steve
    Shakin_Steve Posts: 2,701 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    Options

Then I apologise to JJ. You should be in bed, young man, playing with your 'toy', not bothering the nice people at Barclays :D
    I came into this world with nothing and I've got most of it left.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure