Regular Saver Thread **New and Restarted**

Comments

• veryintrigued
    veryintrigued Posts: 3,843 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Cmon guys and girls.

Let's take a deep breath and get this thread back on track in identifying new Regular Savers.
  • ceredigion
    ceredigion Posts: 3,709 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Cmon guys and girls.

Let's take a deep breath and get this thread back on track in identifying new Regular Savers.

In that vein, crystal ball time. TSB, if they ever get their online application sorted out , likely hood in your opinion of them upping the rate to 5%, in other words do you renew now or hang on and hope?
  • soulsaver
    soulsaver Posts: 5,964 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 6 August 2018 at 7:07PM
    ceredigion wrote: »
    In that vein, crystal ball time. TSB, if they ever get their online application sorted out , likely hood in your opinion of them upping the rate to 5%, in other words do you renew now or hang on and hope?
    Well apparently you'd have to go in-branch - no online renewal ATM.

I renewed one on the phone but people think I was just lucky...
  • aleph_0
    aleph_0 Posts: 539 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker

That's a good question. Personally, I'm unlikely to renew initially, trying to cut back my accounts, and 2% doesn't excite much these days. Certainly not going into branch for it.

I think it's unlikely we'll get back up to 5%. The current account 5% was knee-jerk damage control, that phase is over. We might get an increase to something a bit more competitive. The good news is that I doubt they'll play any 'new customer only' games for quite a while, so it's still a possibility if they do go down that path.
  • karlie88
    karlie88 Posts: 9,114 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post

I hope their online current account applications open up soon so that I can attempt to open another Classic Plus...
    :grouphug: :D Official MSE canny forumite and HUKD VIP badge member :D :grouphug:
  • ceredigion
    ceredigion Posts: 3,709 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    karlie88 wrote: »
    I hope their online current account applications open up soon so that I can attempt to open another Classic Plus...

If only you knew
  • ValiantSon
    ValiantSon Posts: 2,586 Forumite

If you already have one then I'm pretty sure they no longer allow you to open a second.
  • Willing2Learn
    Willing2Learn Posts: 6,294 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    ValiantSon wrote: »
    If you already have one then I'm pretty sure they no longer allow you to open a second.
    You can open a joint a/c as a second account, but not a second sole account anymore. Only one sole a/c per person!! :)
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Do we really have to talk about this on a public forum. You know what I mean.
  • Westie983
    Westie983 Posts: 5,213 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Hi all,

Can we try and keep this thread to discussions about regular savers.

If you wish to discuss anything else, please use the search bar to find a more appropriate thread or create your own.

Thanks

Westie983
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Banking & Borrowing, and Reduce Debt & Boost Income boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySaving Expert.
    Save 12k in 2023 #58 Total (£4500.00) £2500.00/£5000 = 50.00%
    Sealed Pot Challenge ~17 #24 Total (£55.00) £0.00/£500 = 0.00%
    Xmas 2023 £1 a Day #13 Total (£85.00) £344.00/£365 = 94.24%
    Virtual Sealed Pot #1 Total (£500) £550.00/£500 = 110.00%
    £2 Savers Club 2023 #17 Total (£25.00) £45/£300 = 15.00%
    The 365 1p Challenge 2023 #7 Total £656.19/£667.95 = 98.23%
    Total £4095.19/£7332.95 = 55.84%
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing