Bank Mail going to Incorrect Address

Comments

• Shakin_Steve
    Shakin_Steve Posts: 2,700 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    The bank have back-tracked a little and issued an apology along with a £75 goodwill gesture, however they have advised this is the maximum I can expect for a data protection breach.
    £75 is quite a good result, and an apology to boot :T
    I came into this world with nothing and I've got most of it left.
  • £75 is quite a good result, and an apology to boot :T
    Yes and it appears to be the upper limit on a data protection breach too so I am satisfied.
  • Yes and it appears to be the upper limit on a data protection breach too so I am satisfied.

It's nothing like the upper limit, but a more than reasonable amount for the circumstances you describe where it seems likely nothing malicious has happened.
  • Outsider_83
    Outsider_83 Posts: 166 Forumite
    edited 12 October 2017 at 8:23PM
    I think what the bank meant was that if I referred it to the ombudsman I would not get more than £75.
  • I think what the bank meant was that if I referred it to the ombudsman I would not get more than £75.

That is not their call to make!
    Firstly if it went to a formal Ombudsman hearing it would cost them £500 plus their expense of putting their side of the story.
  • The only thing that has disappointed me is that my personal details have went to the incorrect address and subsequently gone missing and the bank never informed me of this.
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 30,926 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    The only thing that has disappointed me is that my personal details have went to the incorrect address and subsequently gone missing and the bank never informed me of this.
    But surely, having made the initial error of failing to process your change of address properly (and assuming the mail wasn't returned to them), they weren't aware that they were sending to an incorrect address so couldn't inform you as they didn't realise there was a problem until you told them six months later?
  • The change of address apparently occurred correctly on the system, I found out today that some of the letters that went missing were ad hoc and the person who composed them was working off old paper records and did not check the system.
  • The change of address apparently occurred correctly on the system, I found out today that some of the letters that went missing were ad hoc and the person who composed them was working off old paper records and did not check the system.

Which bank?

They sound thoroughly backwards.
  • Which bank?

They sound thoroughly backwards.
    Danske bank.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts