HSBC Advance Account Opening Query

Options
Dear All,

Last Tuesday I applied for the HSBC Advance Account.

On Wednesday received a text to say they had received it and I would receive another update shortly.

Today I received a letter in the post asking me to take in some documents to a HSBC bank as they said that the details do not match on their system.

How likely will it be that I have been approved and this is just for verification purposes or am I still at the beginning of this process?

In other words I don't want to waste my time going to my local HSBC as it is an hours walk from my house (or 3 buses).

Thanks, Simon

Comments

• colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Nobody can tell you whether they have or might have accepted you, or whether they might do so when they have seen your documents. All people can tell you is that opening an HSBC Advance account does invariably require extreme patience and a lot of effort. You can search the forum for reports from people who have persevered.
  • bigadaj
    bigadaj Posts: 11,531 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    colsten wrote: »
    Nobody can tell you whether they have or might have accepted you, or whether they might do so when they have seen your documents. All people can tell you is that opening an HSBC Advance account does invariably require extreme patience and a lot of effort. You can search the forum for reports from people who have persevered.

Not much effort for me, but a lot of patience.
  • Don80
    Don80 Posts: 300 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi, Simon.

All bank's will carry out checks before they open your account for you. In many cases they can do this without physical documents. I opened a Bank of Scotland account in May and didn't have to produce any paperwork. In other cases, if they can't get all they need online you need to bring in paperwork. A friend of mine opened a Halifax account (Halifax is a Bank of Scotland trading name) and she had to go into the branch with ID - passport and utility bills I think, and they completed the account opening for her.

HSBC won't continue processing your application without this. So I guess the question is how much you want that account - if you do, you will need to go in with the paperwork. I'd recommend taking everything you have with you in case there is an issue with something - it might save you another trip.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure