Easyjet Tricks - guide discussion

Comments

• We tried the wrong date trick for the first time - and it worked! Saved £99 all in (including the 'free' luggage). It was a nervous wait for the moment of truth, but worth it. Thanks MSE for the step-by-step guide.
  • purpoise
    purpoise Posts: 126 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I take a couple of empty 0.5l bottles with me in my hand luggage. Then after security I fill them up with water air-side. Saves a lot of money!
  • drphila
    drphila Posts: 288 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I take a couple of empty 0.5l bottles with me in my hand luggage. Then after security I fill them up with water air-side. Saves a lot of money!
    Assuming the airport has a drinking water supply, I assume.

Not sure I'd fill a bottle from the toilets' hand basin tap!

Never been able to find one in Bristol
  • We've just saved over £1,000 with the wrong date trick. We booked 4 tickets, myself, partner and his kids to go to Turkey for October half term. After the butt clenching 24hr wait, we've moved our flights to the 'right' dates and so saved ourselves almost £1,100! More money to spend on the hotel and days out with the kids! Thank You MSE and everyone else who have posted with their help and advice
  • If planning to volunteer to put your hand luggage into the hold (trick8), the article should specifically remind everyone to hold on to your passport and not absent-mindedly stuff it into a zipper pocket on the hand luggage case.

Otherwise you won't easily get past passport control to pick up your hand luggage case from the carousel.
  • I disagree with part of point 7 regarding not having to pay to sit with your children.

As a previous member mentioned only 1 person is "guaranteed" to sit near (not next to) their child. So a family of 3 would not be guaranteed to sit together. Sitting beside the child could in fact be in the row in front or behind of the child or, as in most cases, across the aisle - it is not a guarantee for seats together in the same row.

On the most part, crew do their best to try to move people around to accomodate seperated families, however this can be close to impossible during school holiday times as the majority of the other passengers are also families - so who are they supposed to move? Why would it be fair to move one family to accomodate another? Or why would it be fair to move people who had already paid for their seat in advance for someone who hadn't bothered to?

I feel that the advice in the second half of point 7 regarding travelling with children is very misleading and would lead to confusion, arguements and distress for travelling families if they all followed this rule. As a parent myself I would never leave it to chance to be sat 'near to' my child and would prefer to pay a little extra for a particular seat and peace of mind when travelling and avoid distressing and embarrassing scenes when boarding the aircraft.

The advice about flexi fares, on the other hand, is excellent!!
  • We have had to pay nearly double for our flights this year for the same May half term holiday to Corfu, even though we booked at 6am. We'll just have to keep an eye out for the price dropping and see if we can claim on the price promise. Even Ryanair was stupid prices this year.
  • karenj wrote: »
    As a frequent flyer from Spain to UK and travel with different airlines for the best prices, I bring hand luggage only one way and put a fold up canvass bag with wheels in it to use on the flight back, that way I am only paying for checked baggage one way.............

I didn't know you could do that! The only option that came up when booking was for return flights so we paid for 4 hold bags (2 each) on our outbound flight but will probably only have 1 between us on the way back :doh:
    Please tell me how to do this for next time!
  • Intenso
    Intenso Posts: 147 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    We have had to pay nearly double for our flights this year for the same May half term holiday to Corfu, even though we booked at 6am. We'll just have to keep an eye out for the price dropping and see if we can claim on the price promise. Even Ryanair was stupid prices this year.

Yep, ours was £280 more than last year as well and now 12 hours on has more than doubled again!
  • Intenso wrote: »
    Yep, ours was £280 more than last year as well and now 12 hours on has more than doubled again!
    From selecting my flights to actually getting to the page to pay for them the price had gone up by £120 for the 4 of us!! Although just checked and if I were to book now it would cost me £1200 more than I paid this morning!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback