Anyone else taking Lionbridge Exam next week?

Comments

• Tigger36
    Tigger36 Posts: 200 Forumite
    Sammyantha wrote: »
    Haha we'll be starting together. Roll onthe forum arguments:rotfl:

Way to go!!!!
    I think this thread could become a long one....hehe
    There is a dedicated forum here:

http://www.moneymakergroup.com/Lionbridge-Technologies-I-t347344.html&st=11985
    "How far you go in life depends on you being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and the strong. Because someday in life you will have been all of these."
  • YES! I passed too!! Found out just after 7pm! Cant wait to start either!
  • luke1081 wrote: »
    YES! I passed too!! Found out just after 7pm! Cant wait to start either!

Well done Luke :beer:

Are you all in UK?
    The only thing we know for sure, is that we know nothing
  • Sammyantha wrote: »
    Well done Luke :beer:

Are you all in UK?

Yep Sam, Im from Birmingham! Looks like we should be getting further info in the coming days from them.
  • Fro-ald
    Fro-ald Posts: 478 Forumite
    Tigger36 wrote: »
    Good luck - just take as much time as they give you and triple check everything before you click the 'button of no return'......:eek:

Thanks. I have just finished reading all the guidelines and my head hurts! :o
    I will start in the morning I think!!

THANK YOU TO ALL WHO TAKE TIME TO POST COMPETITIONS :beer:
  • Fro-ald wrote: »
    Thanks. I have just finished reading all the guidelines and my head hurts! :o
    I will start in the morning I think!!

Good luck Fro :j
  • luke1081
    luke1081 Posts: 51 Forumite
    How are other new raters finding it all!? Ive been with them for a couple of days; and I am still finding my feet, finding it quite overwhelming! I didnt realise there would be so many tasks which didn't feature in the exam and I am pretty sure my times are going to be well over the limit! I am using a stopwatch to record my tasks but not sure how entirely accurate it will all be.
  • Luke I have been so busy this week I haven't had much chance except for a couple of hours last night. I went through a couple of the quiz testers then did some rating. I have no idea how to accurately record my time though - i know what time i started and what time i finished and that's about it:rotfl:

Try this tool - http://www.lbtaskcontrol.com/ Someone recommended it to me and I can see it coming in handy :D
  • how many tests are there and are they very difficult?
  • Fro-ald
    Fro-ald Posts: 478 Forumite
    bulktrans wrote: »
    how many tests are there and are they very difficult?

I have just finished the last exam 5 minutes ago and will find out how I did on Monday. Most of the information can be found on the job page on their website. In addition to the theory and practical exams you need to pass a screener before you can go through to sit the exams.
    No, most of them are not (too!) difficult but you do need to really get to grips with the information they send you - and there is a LOT of information.
    The practical exam is a bit of a hard slog (well I found it so anyway) because you are still getting used to putting the information into practice and I felt like I lost the plot a bit in the middle of it!!:eek:

:)I also notice that the UK has re-appeared in the recruiting list (it wasn't there earlier this week).:)

THANK YOU TO ALL WHO TAKE TIME TO POST COMPETITIONS :beer:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure