New but not new - Year 1 of 5!

Comments

• Definitely could be worse, and nothing I can do to control it, so on the basis it is still better than I currently have, it will be ok. I've changed the APR in the snowball calculator already and it is quite a small difference over the remaining life of the mortgage.

And.....if all goes according to the spreadsheet, it will be the last mortgage I have to apply for! That's still got to be worth celebrating!
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,262 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Definitely could be worse, and nothing I can do to control it, so on the basis it is still better than I currently have, it will be ok. I've changed the APR in the snowball calculator already and it is quite a small difference over the remaining life of the mortgage.

And.....if all goes according to the spreadsheet, it will be the last mortgage I have to apply for! That's still got to be worth celebrating!

:j:j:j:beer::beer:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • pinkypig
    pinkypig Posts: 1,814 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Definitely could be worse, and nothing I can do to control it, so on the basis it is still better than I currently have, it will be ok. I've changed the APR in the snowball calculator already and it is quite a small difference over the remaining life of the mortgage.

What a lovely,lovely thought :D.
    Original mortgage £112,000 . Final payment due August 2027.
    Mortgage neutral achieved August 2020 - 7 years early!!!
  • It was a looooong work day yesterday - I am so so tired! Have a seminar to fit in today too, so really need to at least look as though I am wide awake and interested!

I got my first cash out on @ttapoll last night - was very impressed with the instant payment to paypal so that will be going over to the money for nothing account today. I've also got a box of books to be packed and sealed for z!ffit. I don't think I will be able to get them to the collection point today but they will be ready for tomorrow, so that's good with me.

Other than that, I am hoping for a NSD (no time to spend anyway!) . Happy hump day y'all!
  • Pushing through towards the end of the week.......£5 from S'bucks hit my account yesterday and another £5 was requested, so all looking good there. I've withdrawn £60 from SB so far in October so I am more than pleased with that, as my original target was for £25! I am looking to buy some more premium bonds with my money-for-nothing account before the end of the month.

I managed my NSD yesterday and don't think I will have too much difficulty in achieving another today. I have breakfast and lunch with me, and dinner is sorted for this evening, so I should be ok.

I've definitely been more focused money-wise since being back on MSE and it has made a big difference to how I am spending and looking to save. Long may that last. I did have a moment of "well, if I had done this for the last 5 years, I would be laughing by now" but I can't change that. I had had a few tough DFW years prior to that, which had somewhat taken over life, so I'll accept the "down time" that filled the MSE sandwich and remember that it did include some amazing holidays and we had the wedding and honeymoon we wanted, so it wasn't exactly all frittered away!

Now the key is to find and maintain some sort of balance! Happy Thursday one and all!
  • beanielou
    Blimey, you read my mind.
    Balance is the key.
    Have a good day :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I've changed the APR in the snowball calculator already and it is quite a small difference over the remaining life of the mortgage.

Great news :j

Just think about those credit cards that were charging 25% :eek: a shade over 2% is still really good - and your money for nothing account is still zooming along :beer:
    I've definitely been more focused money-wise since being back on MSE and it has made a big difference to how I am spending and looking to save. Long may that last. I did have a moment of "well, if I had done this for the last 5 years, I would be laughing by now" but I can't change that. I had had a few tough DFW years prior to that, which had somewhat taken over life, so I'll accept the "down time" that filled the MSE sandwich and remember that it did include some amazing holidays and we had the wedding and honeymoon we wanted, so it wasn't exactly all frittered away!

Here's to downtime and balance :beer:

You were creating beautiful positive memories, a lot of them with your lovely DH, you needed that time.

Happy Thursday :)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Yes you're right. And I have no regrets!
    Another £5 requested this morning keeps the trickle of free money coming in. Plus it's payday so I have able to move money around to the right places for (hopefully) maximum benefit while they do their thing.

And it's Friday.....that one is most welcome!!
  • beanielou
    Have a lovely weekend :)

• pinkypig
    pinkypig Posts: 1,814 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    You are brilliant at 'free money', I'm rubbish!

How many days until remortgage day? Must be close now:j

Have a great weekendxx
    Original mortgage £112,000 . Final payment due August 2027.
    Mortgage neutral achieved August 2020 - 7 years early!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure